Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2018, 08:45 AM   #57

36LA

We have had a single bath for the past 5 years and in October we traded in for the 2018 Tiffin 36LA and LOVE IT. We each have our own space, much larger shower, tons of storage in the kitchen compared to our last coach, which had a very similar floor plan, and really appreciate the residential refrigerator and the extra storage space in the basement.
LenF is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2018, 08:55 AM   #58

Once you go 1.5 you will never go back...been using 1.5 for 15+ years...second toilet a must if one fails; DW uses half bath as makeup area; and half bath makes great place for guest keeping back bath private...
ComalMail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:03 AM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
One more vote for 1.5+ - with her 'processing' getting ready to go out to dinner, etc.. it can be hours in the back bath, so it's nice to have an outlet during that time
Old 12-17-2018, 09:33 AM   #60

Tiffin Owners Club
We are in a 40Ft. Tiffin Phaeton. We love everything about it including the Bath and 1/2. We have had a couple of emergencies where we both needed the bathroom at the same time. When we shopped, we wouldn't even look at one with a single bath. In my opinion it doesn't take up so much space that you miss it. Of course, my wife gets the big bathroom while I take the half bath. I'm fine with that.
Dta1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:21 AM   #61

We have the bath and a half and wouldn't be without one. I think you can see from the posts, the only people who think it's a waste are those who don't have one, which is usually the case on a forum like this.

There is really no huge waste of space verse the benefits of having the extra toilet and sink. Like said before we get some extra cabinets in that space, as well as our electrical panel being there in a convenient location. My wife still hasn't found a way to fill all the cabinet space between both baths, and we carry way more stuff than we actually need. On the front side of it(inside the MH cabin) is the fireplace with the TV mounted above it. The fireplace works great when you just want a little heat while watching TV, and the TV location is really comfortable for watching TV. That is all pretty much included in that 3' X 3'space previously mentioned. That is pretty good use of space when you think about it. As to extra weight being a problem, that is a stretch. We have about 5000 pounds CCC and that is with the extra toilet/sink/cabinets already added in to the original weight. The Canyon Star 3610/3710 is almost identical to the Tiffin 36LA, in floorplan.

Then the convenience of having the half bath is great. It is easy to use while traveling, when we have visitors they don't need to go into our bedroom to use the bathroom, and one can shower while the other uses the half bath if needed. There are many times we are both using the toilet at the same time, nobody has to wait. It's just my wife and I and she primarily uses the full bath while I use the half bath. With the use of the exhaust fans we have never had any bathroom odors going into the MH cabin. If we take the grandkids they only use the half bath for the most part, so my wife's bathroom stays nice and clean for her( we have 5 grandsons under the age of 10). We never use the CG facilities for going to the bathroom, as we don't like using public restrooms unless we have to and there is no need to with the bath and a half.

Also ours came with a separate black holding tank for the extra toilet. This is nice when you are dry camping or boondocking as it gives you extra capacity before having to dump the tanks. We have never been in a position where we had to dump the tanks because they were too full. Dumping the second tank only takes an extra 5 minutes or less and is well worth it.

So as you can see having the bath and a half is way more than just having the convenience of an extra toilet/sink. That is something we will always have in an MH if we were ever to buy another one. Good luck with your decision.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:36 AM   #62

We have a bath and a half on our Itasca Suncruiser 37F.

My wife claims it's what makes full timing possible.
jrpend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:34 AM   #63

Frankly if you never had that second bath you would not see how nice it is to have. We don't have one (a half-bath), and I'm not sure we want to go big enough to have one. But if DH didn't mind the longer length and if I could drive it, then we'd love a second bath. We're both getting to that age where that isn't as much of a luxury as some think it is. So far we manage with the campground's bathhouse and so far we haven't run into any unusable restrooms...
lfcjasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:28 PM   #64

We questioned it until we got our 45 with bath and a half and now will likely never go back. Nice.
Woody57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:41 PM   #65

I wanted TWO potties.
There's only the 2 of us and a labrador and a kitty cat.
One of us (I won't mention the husband's name. LOL) occasionally spends some extended time in the bathroom and I wanted to have access to a potty if I needed it.
Blondiega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:40 PM   #66

Tiffin Owners Club
Grand Design Owners Club
We bought a used 43’ Tiffin MH and our top requirements were a king bed and 1.5 baths. It’s best to figure out what meets your needs. Always know that there is no such thing as a perfect RV. Especially, when you are buying a used RV.
JMCherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:54 PM   #67

We just bought a new gas RV about 3 months ago and it has two FULL baths.

Yes it has two showers.

It was something we actually wanted and for our family of four with two kids, one in high school and one in college. Unlimited hot water so no worries about running out. We leave for 7-8 weeks in the summer and small trips during the year while they are in school.
AZ RV'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:12 AM   #68
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Let's see.....67 posts with three people who don't own a bath and half coach saying it's not necessary. Pretty simple math, bath and half is the big winner!
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 07:14 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Let's see.....67 posts with three people who don't own a bath and half coach saying it's not necessary. Pretty simple math, bath and half is the big winner!
Hope I'm not one of those three people . Frankly I know if we ever got a bath and a half RV we'd never be able to go smaller again
lfcjasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 09:20 PM   #70

Our rig == 1997 Ford CF8000 housetruck.
Our situation == full-time since 2003, boondock exclusively.
South America twenty-four months twenty-four thousand miles. Alaska. Panama. Baja beaches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kone View Post
...bath and a half...seems like space wasted...
Hi kone,
As you discovered by borrowing and renting for varying trips, the cubic space you require changes based on:
Weather,
Mood,
Goals.

After full-timing a long long time in a 7.5 x 12.5 housetruck, we offer these words of wisdom:
Quit them tuba lessons, and take up harmonica.
PS:
Just so you know, my last bath-and-a-half was decades ago. These days, I'm partial to showers.
LargeMarge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin