Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #29

We see one customer who paid $850 for PDI, another paid $1595 for it and they are asking you for $1995. I sold motor cycles one summer many moons ago and we had a "pack" we were supposed to charge for uncrating and final assembly on the brand new motorcycles. It was a bogus charge and all profit. I didn't work there for more than a few weeks. I love motorcycles but I couldn't do deals like that, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I can almost guarantee that a large part of the fee is the salesman's commission. The more money he get's you to pay for PDI the more cash he puts in his pocket. The salesman has been evaluating you during the whole buying process trying to decide how much he can get out of you for the PDI charge.
oneeyedmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2013, 08:40 PM   #30

I simply won't buy from them. They wanted me to give away my trade for almost nothing and refused to work with me. I wouldn't purchase from them myself.
slemnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #31
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I would first call Thor and ask them if this is the standard PDI price for their coach. I would also ask if they reimburse their dealers for a PDI.

If you agree to do the deal, tell them you will be present for the three days of PDI.

Lastly....if you're doing a trade in with McMahons and they're paying off your trade, I would make them do it right in front of you (wire your bank the payment). McMahons has been known to take over 45 days to pay off your balance while your coach payment becomes past due.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:19 AM   #32

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
My credit union finances all types of recreational vehicles. They state emphatically that they will not finance "dealer preparation charges", "additional dealer markup" "documentation preparation fees", "customer convenience fees" and other garbage assessments that are nothing but a grab on your wallet.

I would take a walk and find another dealer. It's apparent that they hold the customer in low regard.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
W4RLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:29 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
I would NOT choose to do business with somebody who does that sort of underhanded thing. Both for reasons of principle and the fact that the dealer is probably going to be devious about other things as well.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #34

we bought from McMchan had a due bill for a few misc items they couldnt fix right away. Glad we spent the 1st night in their parking lot, KS bed had been switched to QS. Took OVER 7 mos to get due bill things squared away. Their pricing was great, salesman very knowledgable, overall experience terrible
Cfyanes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Now if it was a Newmar factory delivery you might consider it.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote