Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2014, 08:47 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Vaflatlander
Red face 120 volt partial power loss

What seemed like an easy problem has become a real head banger. While prepping for our first long trip, I noticed my microwave was off and thought little of it till I tried the front tv nothing rear tv same bathroom and dinette receptacle all out. Receptacle in kitchen and bedroom, inverter all work. CB panel has no tripped breaker and all are hot. Does anyone know of a juction box in the area of the fridge that would tie these problems together. I did open the slider.I also back fed the circuit using the bedroom to BR tv recptacle. This brought all but the MW to life. Any help would be appreciated thank you Ed
2000 National tradewinds.
Vaflatlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2014, 09:14 PM   #2

Gfci receptacles

I had a similar problem and discovered that a gfci outlet had tripped. All electric devices from that receptacle onwards did not operate until the receptacle was reset.
Just a thought.
msham87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:14 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Sounds like a tripped GFCI. Check your receptacles for 2 buttons--test & reset--push the reset and test for power. The GFCI receptacle should be near a sink or outside.

DICK
Acker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:18 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
I was hoping that was the problem so I bypassed The GFCI that was out and still no power, I am really stumped on this one. Thanks for the suggestion
Old 05-22-2014, 04:29 AM   #5

If you have a whole-house inverter there will be 1 or 2 separate breakers on the front (or side depending upon the brand) of it. 1 of the circuits controlled by one of these breakers on the inverter will not be passing through your AC breaker box inside the coach - so it's imperative you check them first. On your coach Im not sure where the whole-house inverter is located from memory, but it's generally near the batteries and could be wall mounted or mounted inside or behind a covered panel of some sort. I'd be willing to wager one of the breakers has tripped :-)
Old 05-22-2014, 07:37 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Thank you so very much you were spot on with your solution to my problem which has lasted for over 2 days

Tags
power