Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #1

12v interior lights only work with 110 or gen.

Hi,
New to this site. I have a 2001 Winnebago Brave w30. The interior lights do not work on coach batteries. So, I replaced all the batteries (they where weak and old). Still no interior lights or test panel power without 110 or generator running. Checked all fuses and reset all breakers a number of times. HELP!!!!!!!!!

Ken
bikerman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

Use a multitester and trace how far electricity flows from the house batteries. Since you replaced the batteries, I assume your connections are good at the batteries, but how about the ground connection to the chassis? Next would be to check for power past the inverter/charger. You also might have a fusible link in the cables from the batteries. The only way to check them is to see if current flows. It will take some detective work, but you'll know more about your rig and have a good feeling of satisfaction when you figure it out!

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerman101 View Post
Hi,
New to this site. I have a 2001 Winnebago Brave w30. The interior lights do not work on coach batteries. So, I replaced all the batteries (they where weak and old). Still no interior lights or test panel power without 110 or generator running. Checked all fuses and reset all breakers a number of times. HELP!!!!!!!!!

Ken
Most obvious thing to check would be the "Salesman Switch" or battery isolator switch, usually near the entrance door. If that is on, then check the relay that it operates. Your symptom tells me that the batteries are disconnected, so the only 12 volt supply is from the converter when 120 AC is available.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:53 AM   #4

If it ever stops raining here I might be able to crawl under and do some investigation. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You BCO SWITCH maybe near the entrance door or up in your display area.
It should be on when ever you are using your coach so your converter can keep your house batteries charged.
COACH POWER SYSTEMS
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #6

Found what it was....your not going to believe this. Unscrewed (6 screws) the dash and tilted it up to find a 40 amp push button fuse had popped and there are even more fuse blocks under the dash as well. Don't know who the hell's idea it was to put a button fuse there.. Crack baby obviously..lol So, now the 12 volt system works, so I can drive down the road and use my fridge to keep the food cold. Now I found this morning the brand new winshield that was put in a couple of weeks ago has a crack in the corner,,lol Does it ever end?
Old 07-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerman101 View Post
Does it ever end?
......sigh......no.
You just get better.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Does it ever end... Yes, Usually with the words "We are gathered today to remember the life of our dear friend ___(your name here____.

Tags
lights