Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2015, 07:08 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to Spyros
Question 1985 Pace Arrow information?

I have the Owners Manual and the Sales Brochure but I can't find any of the technical information I'm looking for. Where can I find information like the recommended fluids (oil, transmission, brake, etc), maintenance intervals, explanation of buttons/controls/features, locations of safety features, and everything else you would typically find in ANY passenger car's owners manual?

I've seen a few times in the Owners Manual, a reference to finding more details in an "Owner's Information Kit" however I can not find a copy of this Owner's Information Kit anywhere. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2015, 07:15 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Check out THIS POST in the Fleetwood Owner's Forum. Click on the link to go to Fleetwood's website.

Lori-

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 07:22 PM   #3

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Check out THIS POST in the Fleetwood Owner's Forum. Click on the link to go to Fleetwood's website.

Lori-
Thanks for the resource Lori, but unfortunately this leads directly to the Owners Manual that I hyperlinked above. They don't seem to have any more information, or a link to the Owners Information Kit, on their website. Any other clues as to where I could find this info?
Old 11-21-2015, 07:26 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Motorhomes, at least from what I can tell you of what I got with my Bounder, don't come with the same types of owner's manuals that a car does. The "kit" referred to is usually the binder given a new owner when they purchase. Since yours is used, who knows where that binder went if it's not somewhere in your coach.

You can Google your chassis to get that. That's what I did to find the one for my F53 V10.

Lori-
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Old 11-21-2015, 07:57 PM   #5

Your coach is not a car, or something produced in (nearly) identical format with enough quantity to make a manual any more relevant than the owner's manual you have (pretty much junk). Just too much variance from one coach to the next.

The "kit" is likely a collection of the owners manuals/warranties that came with/apply to your coach (A/C, furnace, refer, etc.). They were collected (tossed in a box) as the coach was built.

Fluids and chassis maintenance requirements are generally easy to find online, as are appliance and other major component user manuals. Just Google the manf name and model number of the item you are looking for info on. Searches on YouTube may produce some useful info as well.

If you run across something specific you can't find anything on, holler, but give make and model info (is the theme here becoming clear?).

Last, when you get some extra time, it's probably worth your trouble to figure out how to add your coach's make, model, and year, along with anything else you'd like people to see, to your signature. This will save repeating it every time you write in. People will look at that info and can respond with much more relevant info (hopefully).

Congrats on your purchase! -Al
Old 11-21-2015, 08:51 PM   #6

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Motorhomes, at least from what I can tell you of what I got with my Bounder, don't come with the same types of owner's manuals that a car does. The "kit" referred to is usually the binder given a new owner when they purchase. Since yours is used, who knows where that binder went if it's not somewhere in your coach.

You can Google your chassis to get that. That's what I did to find the one for my F53 V10.

Lori-
Thank you! For anybody else who stumbles on this in the future, here is the manual for the P30 Chassis Motorhomes and it includes all kinds of awesome info that isn't in the owners manual (like that the recommended motor oil is 15W-40)

http://www.bdub.net/manuals/P30.zip
Old 11-21-2015, 10:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
Thank you! For anybody else who stumbles on this in the future, here is the manual for the P30 Chassis Motorhomes and it includes all kinds of awesome info that isn't in the owners manual (like that the recommended motor oil is 15W-40)

http://www.bdub.net/manuals/P30.zip
Spyros, 15W-40 is recommend for Diesel, is your 85 Pace a diesel?
1996 34'J Fleetwood Bounder, Chevy 454 TBI P-32, Bank PowerPack, Ultra Power Chip, BellCranks, Rear Trac Bar, Silver Safe-T-Plus and 04 CR-V Toad, Roadmaster Base Plate and All Terain Tow Bar, SMI Stay-In-Play DUO.
leesdx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 01:01 PM   #8

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesdx1 View Post
Spyros, 15W-40 is recommend for Diesel, is your 85 Pace a diesel?
Ah, thank you for catching that, I was about to buy the wrong oil!

Correction, 10W-30 is the recommended, or straight 30 for summer highway driving, in the P30 manual FOR GASOLINE engines.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:25 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
Thank you! For anybody else who stumbles on this in the future, here is the manual for the P30 ....]
The P-30 Chassis Manual can be found in our Files section, uploaded in 2012. Click on the word Files (3rd from the left) in the 2nd Toolbar

Lori-

Tags
ace, pace arrow