Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2015, 01:00 PM   #1

1990 Fleetwood Pace Arrow

Hello I'm so new to larger Motor Homes & this forum, I'm so lost. My last Motor Home was a Toyota Dolphin. So this beast is a big change. I bought this Pace Arrow from my neighbor, her husband died and it sat since 2010. She never non-Op. it, but its in mint condition on the inside all original with all the extras all in perfect condition, The couch & bed look like they were never used, all original curtains, Generator, Satellite, Electric stairs & leveler. With only 36K miles on a Chevy 454, but the outside has issues.

Ok here I go, please if I do this wrong just let me know.

1. I can't find the Gas filler for this motor home anywhere, even if I could I wonder if the fuel in it is still good after 5 years, She said her husband just filled the tank right before he died of a massive heart attack. (very sad for her I'm sure) I would think that a motor-home this size has a 50 gallon tank. So what do I do with 50 gallons of old fuel? can I still use it?

2. On the exterior side of the motor home there is some separation of the fiberglass from the plywood, with water seeping threw into the inside. How do I go about fixing that?

3. Apparently her son tried to get it started a few years ago, he removed the battery's, all three of them. Can I get a diagram or picture of how they go back in? He had them sitting on the driveway so I think they are all dead. I mean beyond recharge. They are nice 12v Marine battery's with dates of 6/08. I cant believe how many positive cables I see. with 2 short negative cables with connectors on both sides.

I know what to do to fire-up a sitting engine to keep it safe. I'm just at a loss for the 3 things listed above. Any help let me just say thank you in advance.
HavocSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2015, 01:10 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
WOW, quite the project. I found this 1990 Fleeteood Pace Arrow Users Manual online.
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/809...ow.html#manual

I hope it helps. Good luck. ~ Kay
austx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 01:37 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Fuel fill should be behind license plate. My 1991 32' has. 75 gal fuel, 75 gal fresh water, 60 gal grey and 40 gal black. Two batteries should be 6v hooked in series for the coach. 1 12v for chassis.
canman001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 04:11 PM   #4

I did look threw all the documents found in this very nice pouch that has just about every manual to every item in this RV. I even found a original of the manual link posted above. (Thank You austx)

I was able to find the gas cap. (thank you canman001)

Nothing so far on how to fix the separated fiberglass. (I will keep looking)

And nothing anywhere shows how the 3 battery's hook up to all these cables. What I find and read from past posts is originally there where 3 battery's, 1 high crank amps 12 volt battery for the engine & two 6 volts battery's connected in series.

I did read that some RV users of the Pace Arrow changed out the two 6 volts battery's connected in series for two 12 volt battery's connected in parallel.

I think that's what I have here, unfortunately I have no idea how they were all connected to the 5 red wires I see open. I guess from what I'm reading in past posts the main issues our just one black wire to the negative side of the engines high amp battery, & lucky for me there is only one black wire. & one of those red wires to the positive side of the engines battery. I just need to find the 1 positive wire that goes to the engine. I may catch a break here because one red wire is a lot longer then the rest and the engines battery is originally set furthest away. I think the other two 12 volts marine battery's I will just put all red leads on the positive side of one of those and parallel connect it to the other marine battery. Then just jump the negative side of the marine battery to the negative of the engine battery. Our we all totally confused yet? I sure am. I hope this works.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:59 PM   #5

Can't help on fiberglass. But on battery hook up. The truck battery goes on right side has 1 red and 1 black. That starts your engine. On the left your 2 coach battery's mine is a 1989 so should be the same. Now your other 2 battery's are coach battery's. If your using 12 volt battery's hook positive to positive and negative to negative. now both battery's are tied together. Hook your blacks to negative and all the Reds to positive. 2 are for coach and one of them are for generator. Hope that helps. Mine has a 90 gallon gas and fresh water tank. 5 year old gas ain't much good. Mine was same way. Last time it was tagged was 2002. I bought a gallon of sea foam. $33 at my local napa store had to order it but way cheaper buy by gallon then pint cans. I had mine 5 days and took off to Florida from Ohio. Had no problem at all. Once I ran a tank of gas through it. Ran like a champ. 9.2mpg going down and 8.2 coming home. Ran 60mph down and 70 back.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:12 PM   #6

Great information on the sea foam! Can I trouble you for a picture of your battery setup? I was guessing the engine battery was on passenger side and the 2 coach battery's our on driver side, correct?
Old 03-26-2015, 07:36 PM   #7

You are correct on location. I can get you a picture tommorrow. No problem.

Tags
ace, fleetwood, pace arrow