Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2015, 01:20 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Glad to hear you got it running. Isn't this forum fantastic ? Not every answer is always spot on but with an armload of information that is offered you'll most always find the correct solution.

By all means keep us informed. I always enjoy reading positive results.

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2015, 06:46 PM   #30

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSun View Post
Let me start by saying thank you all for your great information. I did as the majority suggested. I drained as much of the fuel as I could. Then I dropped the tank. I removed the pump & fuel mesh filter assembly. I think this was my problem, the mesh filter was in-cased in a gue like substance that had made the filter almost impossible to blow air threw. Amazingly enough the fuel tank look really clean inside, I wonder if adding the gallon of Seafoam help to clean the tank. I rinsed it out really well with some fuel tank cleaning agents anyway. Purchased a new mesh fuel filter, fuel pump & fuel, put it all back together. I went to start it. 1st time it spun over coughed a few times, but no go. The 2nd time I kept the ignition switch on longer before I turned the key to engage the engine, pumped the pedal a little & tried again. It coughed a few more times, slight back fire & VROOM! It started!!! Its been a few days now, I was able to move her to its new location, The engine runs strong. The transmission seemed to shift & hold as it should. But OMG the ride felt like I was driving across cobble stones! I'm sure it had to do with the tires being stuck in a low or flat position going on 5 years. After a few miles that problem started to go away. When I made it to my destination it was pretty much gone. I've started it every morning since then, starts 1st time, every time! And I hear absolutely no Knocks, Clicks or Taps. When I rev it I do hear belts slipping, so I'm going to replace them all. I was able to register it complete with change of title for $253! I talked them into waiving over $500 in fees!! I'm set to get it smogged in a few days. I hope it passes. As always I will keep you updated if you guys like. Maybe upload a video to YouTube soon. Again thanks so much for all the help. I don't think I could have done this without all the great feedback I got. My 1990 fleetwood Pace Arrow is on the road again!!!

Glad you were able to get it running. Those in tank fuel pumps can be a pain in the a$$. Another potential problem you might want to take a look at is there is a large wiring harness that ran across the top of the air conditioner pump bracket which is located on the left front top of the engine. On my 1990 Pace Arrow, the wiring harness was stretched so tight that it rubbed through and shorted out some wires. You should take a piece of 3/4 water hose and split it so that you can fasten it around the wire loom to protect it.

Sammie

Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:14 AM   #31

Looks to me that a lot of the troublesome problems with this year RV have already been corrected. I see that a larger hose was cut to make a protective sleeve as you described there & around the hoses for the radiator heater.
I also see a very thick white rubbery substance painted on the roof I assume to protect from leaks.

But I do have some issues still, one will keep me from running the RV on the highway at night. I have no tails lights or rear running lights. Not yet sure if I have break lights. I only have hazards & blinkers when my running lights & or headlights are off. The problem seems to be located to all rear lights.

The other issue I just want to see work & will not keep my RV from traveling or camping. The leveling system does not work. I have power to the control box, pressing the on button a light appears saying the system is on. But that's all it does.

I guess I have to look deeper for a wiring schematic for this year Fleetwood.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:20 AM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Save yourself a lot of effort and contact Fleetwood directly. You can hunt the Internet for years on end and not find what you need. Call Fleetwood with you VIN & FIN and they will more than likely be able to get you what you need. Obviously check your bulbs. Not likely that they are all bad or that all the connections are bad but try the easy fixes first ..... just in case.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:20 AM   #33

I am in 100% agreement with you on this, unfortunately unless I have missed something. I have no valid contact # for Fleetwood since they our no longer in business. The company that bought them out only goes back a few years for schematics. My Fleetwood is a 1990 Chevy 454 Pace Arrow and is not in the database.

I have checked all the easy stuff, like bulbs & fuses. I realize I'm going to be fighting a up hill battle on this one. I will just go about it the old fashion way of checking each wire for continuity. Factoring in what I do know & applying that information. I know when I turn on my running lights I loose blinkers, that points to a passive short somewhere in the blinker circuit that shares connectivity with the running lights. I will start there. It looks like all the rear lights were worked on before since I noticed splicing & a new trailer plug. Honestly I would take pulling the tank twice over trying to fix these lights once.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:35 AM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Not real sure what you are saying in reference to Fleetwood being in business. They are very much in business.

Contact Us

In the link I was able to find the manual for your 1990 Pace Arrow. The phone number for Fleetwood is listed there so if you have the FIN and VIN I'm pretty sure they can help. I used to have a 1994 Bounder and I was able to get info.

Old 05-13-2015, 12:58 PM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
Havoc,

I also had an electrical issue on my 1990 Pace Arrow. Try pulling out the trailer light plug on the rear of your coach and check all the wiring inside the plug connection for shorts.

Sammie
Old 05-13-2015, 08:04 PM   #36

Thanks for the information, Wow I stand corrected. I guess you have to at times take out the bad information you get on the internet. I was told Fleetwood went out of business. If you Wikipedia Fleetwood Motor Homes it talks about that.

Fleetwood Enterprises - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But reading the article all the way threw I see it filled bankruptcy in 2009 and was acquired by American Industrial Partners. So maybe that's why your link is active. And my old #s no longer work.

I already downloaded that owners manual from another site, but no luck on the electrical schematic. I will call these new #'s in the morning & see what all they do cover. Maybe they can give me some information on how the levelers work.

As far as the electrical problem, I focused on the rear of the RV, since that's where all the lights failed. I followed the wire loom from the last running light that worked and headed towards the tail lights. And there I saw it! When I dropped the fuel tank I forgot to connect back up the ground strap heading to the rear lights. Bolted it back up and presto! everything went back on!!
So now I just need to figure out how to work the hydraulic levelers on this RV. Again thank you so much for taking the time to input on my Pace Arrow. All suggestions are very appreciated. And if anyone out there knows anything about the leveling system on this RV, please give me some ideas on what to do to get it working.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:22 PM   #37

Tiffin Owners Club
Havoc, on your hydraulic jack system, I would first locate the main hydraulic pump. There should be a positive battery cable connected to it. Work backwards from there to locate the main jack solenoid and test to see if you have 12 volt power to it. It's possible that the solenoid is bad and needs replacing.

Sammie
Old 05-13-2015, 08:28 PM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Make sure your fluid is at the proper level for your jacks. Search out the type of jacks and then look online for a manual. HWH is one brand.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:28 PM   #39

Great start my RV friends! I will do it in the morning after I make a call to "risen from the ashes" Fleetwood.
I'm now enjoying a beer listen to some classic rock CD's in this beauty. The Kenwood CD player is really nice in this RV! I know shes old. But the early 90's were very good to me! So i'm falling in love with her. I hope my wife doesn't mind.
I most defiantly am going to post a video on YouTube of her, words cant express how time forgot this beauty!
Old 05-13-2015, 10:38 PM   #40

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't know if this helps, my Power Gear jacks won't work if the house battery disconnect is off. The control panel will power up but the pump will not run. If your jacks are Power Gear you can download the manuals from their web site. Or I can post them here if that would be easier for you.
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350,F53 Chassis Chassis build date 1/99, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags front & rear, Koni Shocks,Blue OX TruCenter,TigerTrak track bars front & rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar,2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW with B & W Custom Truck Bed, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:16 AM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
So good to hear that things are swinging your way. My first adventure in to RV'ing was with a 24 (+/-) year old class C. It had sat for about 5 years in a back yard. It was a challenge to get it up and running but when it did become road worthy I was in heaven.

Given a little time, the right questions and research these forums will most always get you going. We surely are not experts but collectively we have a lot of know how and answers. Be sure to post the link to your YouTube video. I'm always happy to see someone else's success. Keep us in the loop with your jacks and your next MH. Yes ..... there will be another one !!!!

Old 05-28-2015, 02:05 PM   #42

1990 454 Chevy TBI problems? (Fleetwood Pace Arrow)

I agree completely, I have learned so much in such a short time just by asking questions here. My new goal is to get the leveling system operational & get her to pass smog. I have a temporary allowing me 30 days to get her to that latter goal. I have been taking her out on short runs just seeing how she moves. I have noticed that she is starting to back fire once she gets warmed up & I'm apply the gas pedal. The back fire is not loud and its coming more from the upper end of the engine. (inside air filter) I know nothing about TBI carburetors. I do think before I try to get her smoged that I need to rebuild the TBI. I will check Youtube vids on this subject and see where it leads me.

Tags
ace, fleetwood, pace arrow