Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2014, 05:50 PM   #1

1994 Brave Chevy 454 - aftermarket gauges

Hey all, I have a new 1994 Brave. New to me of course. I am trying to fix all the little things to take me to NASCAR races. Everything on this very clean and nice RV is stock. It has 45k miles on it. It has the 3 idiot gauges on it AMPS, Oil Pressure, and Water Temp. Can anyone recommend a set of gauges they have used on their RV. Thank you Bryan.
boverton is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2014, 06:17 PM   #2

Hi Bryan,

After the coolant temperature gauge went bad on my previous '95 Trek (GM 6.5 Diesel), I bought an aftermarket gauge and sending unit at a local auto parts store. It turns out the factory gauge was reading 15 - 20 degrees too low. I suspect any decent aftermarket gauge may be better than factory gauges (I read someplace the Ford oil pressure gauge is nothing than an on-off switch, and doesn't reflect actual oil pressure at all, it just moves the needle).

Try this site for lots of gauges JEGS Online Catalog - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by boverton View Post
Hey all, I have a new 1994 Brave. New to me of course. I am trying to fix all the little things to take me to NASCAR races. Everything on this very clean and nice RV is stock. It has 45k miles on it. It has the 3 idiot gauges on it AMPS, Oil Pressure, and Water Temp. Can anyone recommend a set of gauges they have used on their RV. Thank you Bryan.
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:21 AM   #3

Your oil pressure gauge comming from the motor, may have a built in safety switch, This allows the motor not to start if it sees no oil pressure. This is something you should check into before putting mech gauges in.
pro_coupe 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:24 AM   #4

If a sender has the fuel pump shut off it will have extra connectors for that.

eGauges.com - Auto Meter, Classic Instruments, Defi, Isspro and VDO Gauges, Senders, Mounting and Accessories has a good selection of good quality gauges and senders. This is a sister company to eshocks, so anyone who has used them knows the selection and service they will get from egauges.
Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
454, brave, chevy