Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-18-2015, 05:11 PM   #1
1994 Fleetwood Bounder

Hello all,

Just a lost puppy trying to find answers here to a mechanic that jacked up my RV. I own a 1994 Fleetwood bounder P-30J Chevy 454 owner that i purchased from family fried and now we are hating it because we spend more on this thing then we are enjoying it. So we have thrown money at this a few months ago and had a mobile mechanic come to our home to fix a leak. Turns out this dip stick doesn't know anything about engines, Nor do I on a RV. So this guy un-threads this one aluminum line from what I think is called a hydro boost modulator. of course fluid spits all over the place and claims it to be a bad O-ring in side. OK, 5 cent part and puts it back together.. Starts the engine and still leaks. He takes it apart again and uses tephlon plumber tape to seal it. That's worked for a few days. Here is the problem. There were parts inside that line/flange that I believe go inside this line. When this guy cut out my tire shield to get to it, I don;t think he realized there was a washer, a spring and another type of brass washer. (see pictures) So he puts it together and leaves. I go to move the RV to the parking spot, put it in Park and the damn thing keeps rolling as if I am in neutral. Not to mention my reservoir that stores the hydro boost fluid to run the system has now overflowed all over the engine and onto the ground. this mechanic is now a fart in the wind. I think I found the parts needed to put this back together (see photo) i found this in the street where the RV was when I was power washing the fluid stain off the street. Does ANYBODY reconize these parts and how the go back together. There is suppose to be a spring as well that goes with it and I think it is still inside the flange. HERE is the main problem. I left these parts in my cup holder to my truck to take back to the RV. I had my truck detailed and now they are missing. I think the car wash guy sucked it all up with his vacuum. So now I either need to replace this line or find these parts so my RV will now stay in park and I believe these parts creates a one way check valve to stop the fluid from overflowing onto the floor as well as build up pressure to engage the Parking mechanism so I don't roll. Right now I have the RV in Park and I have to use the E-brake to stop it from rolling. Can anybody please help me on where to find these or buy a new one to replace. This hydro boost thing is in front of the driver side wheel well. I am pretty stupid to this being a first time RV'er and feeling like I should have stuck to a tent.. Only thing on a tent that breaks is a zipper .. LOL I am not sure how I can get the photos to you here. website is claiming photos are too big,, but on one picture you can see the middle steel line. That's the one that was leaking and I believe that parts go inside that line. Not the left or the right line. The steering column is to the right of theis module in black. I have tried all the methods to add arrows and save the photos to show you.. So I said screw it and posted in a public forum on my FB page. Here is the site. I hope this works, because I am desperate. Please be gentle as I am a first time Rv'r and I am about to set this thing on fire.. LOL so if you could SPELL it out for me when making replies so we have it broken down on a 6th grade level because I don't know the RV lingo just yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6597.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	103808   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6596.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	103809  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6533.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	599.0 KB
ID:	103810   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6532.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	658.2 KB
ID:	103811  

US RV As-is is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2015, 12:10 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You would probably get responds if the moderators moved your post to the Workhorse Chevrolet chassis forum.

You may want to join the P-30 chassis forum on Yahoo Groups.

Chuck & Teri, 1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53 Chassis with tag axle, Chassis build date 1/99 in Mexico, Banks System, Trans Command, Air Lift Air Bags on rear, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars front and rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2013 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel. FMCA #F430129
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 02:59 AM   #3
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It might cost you more, but take your RV into a GM medium/heavy truck facility. My old bounder was on a P30 chassis, it had problems with the Hydro boost system. They figured it out and fixed it in less than four hours. No more problems and well worth the money. They work on P30's all the time and you can't beat that experience.
2001 Itasca Horizon 36LD Cat
Retired Air Force, One lovely Angel, 2 Cats and three birds.
the_vfox is offline   Reply With Quote

fleetwood, bounder