Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2014, 06:19 AM   #1

1995 Rexhall Aerbus question

I am considering buying a 1995 Rexhall Aerbus 34' tomorrow.
It has the l-shaped sofa, which is what I want in my next motorhome, and is around $10,000 which is nice also.

63,000 miles .. looks good in the pics.

My question to those of you who have experience with this unit ...is it a pretty well made motorhome ?

Thanks ... Richard
RLD_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2014, 10:46 AM   #2

I don't have one but they have a good reputation.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:46 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Friend had a 2000 rig. I thought it was very well made unit. So did he.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:53 AM   #4

Love my 1995 XL2900!! the L couch is what sealed the deal for us!

just like a boat...aside from the hull ( or walls) it is just a culmination of other manufacturers parts.....now just how well they are integrated...and the quality of those walls...that makes the difference!

My only worry would be the old Dometic 7030 refer. Make sure you have them turn it on for at least an hour... I am paying that price now....the freezer is great...fresh box...not so much... going to be a 1200 dollar repair with the AMISH cooling unit.

And all the usual..TIRES!! Brake lines, belts, hoses, vac lines, seals, window rubber.

At least the only worry on the roof is joint sealant, as the entire roof is one piece of fiberglass wrapped down to the walls.

is this an F53 or P42?

Probably never going to have a chance to "drive" a Boeing, so I bought an Aerbus!
jeepthrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:54 PM   #5

We just picked up a 1993 and its seems to be better built than some others.
Paid the right price for it too. 65K on the vortex 454 with overdrive.
Been setting in the San Diego sun for 10 years so she is pretty bleached out.

Oh, and the Toad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dscn3805sm.jpg
Views:	740
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	68795   Click image for larger version

Name:	TrackerasToadsm.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	68796  

Softail96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:34 PM   #6

Quote:
We just picked up a 1993 and its seems to be better built than some others.
Paid the right price for it too. 65K on the vortex 454 with overdrive.
Been setting in the San Diego sun for 10 years so she is pretty bleached out.
I dont want to burst your bubble, but unless it has a replacement engine....it isnt a vortec. They didnt hit the motorhome chassis till build dates of 1996 and later.

Probably never going to have a chance to "drive" a Boeing, so I bought an Aerbus!
Old 07-22-2014, 09:01 PM   #7

Also paid a good price...and she works. Gotta show it off a little!

Old 07-23-2014, 05:05 AM   #8

I did buy the unit I mentioned. a 1995 34ft with front facing sofa.
I have had Pace Arrows - a Newmar Mountain Aire and a Holiday Rambler .. and I can say that this REXHALL does seem to have QUALITY in every item I see.

I drove it 3 hours to get home, and I am quite impressed.

Thanks for all the responses !
RLD_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:25 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepthrills View Post
I dont want to burst your bubble, but unless it has a replacement engine....it isnt a vortec. They didnt hit the motorhome chassis till build dates of 1996 and later.
This is really disappointing. I was talking to a couple RV Dealers about those 454's as I heard they were soft. I was told they changed the engines 1990.
In fact, had two different dealers tell me that so I was comfortable in choosing the 1993. The RV Dealers have to go through so many checks and repairs to be able to sell them that it drives the cost up. I was able to do the brakes, most soft parts or bolt on parts and a lot of general repairs as I am a boatwright, used to restore old 50's classics.
Like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Uniflitedockedsm.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	342.9 KB
ID:	68856  
Old 07-24-2014, 12:47 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Softail96 View Post
This is really disappointing. I was talking to a couple RV Dealers about those 454's as I heard they were soft. I was told they changed the engines 1990.
In fact, had two different dealers tell me that so I was comfortable in choosing the 1993. The RV Dealers have to go through so many checks and repairs to be able to sell them that it drives the cost up. I was able to do the brakes, most soft parts or bolt on parts and a lot of general repairs as I am a boatwright, used to restore old 50's classics.
Like this.

I'm not sure by what you meant with (soft) but my previous MH had the 454 and lasted 125K miles and two trips to Alaska without problems except exhaust manifold bolts (once), Body gave way not engine.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:46 AM   #11

Around 1988 or 1989 they went from carb to TBI. Maybe thats what your confusing with the vortec change?
Internally the main difference between the vortec and non is the roller cam.
Of course externally, there is a bit too, MPFI vs TBI, is the biggest.
Under no circumstance is the TBI a bad powerplant. Yeah it has like 60 less HP, and 50 less TQ numbers. So what!.

You have obviously been using your RV a little....Are you going to enjoy it less cause its a TBI instead of a vortec?

Dont sweat it...it still is a runner!

My rig weighs 14k and has a TBI....I am not complaining. It does what it is supposes to do.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:33 AM   #12

Well, we started out looking at used RV's at dealers. Then I started looking in the paper and Craiglist. I can do and enjoy doing some of the repairs myself.
It was the dealers, two different ones, that said the engines pryer to 1990 was the ones that were blowing up before they ever seen 100k.
In my 88 GMC 1500 lowrider, I have the 350 engine, lost a belt and before I could get it pulled over, lost the engine at 170k. Went and got a Mr Goodwrench long block and had that out in. She has over 300k and I change oil regularly. Might not get tuned up as often as I like...
I have the 350 block in my Dads old 79 Chev 1/2 ton 4x4 with that nasty Rochester carburetor I have never liked (two small primary and two large secondary garbage can holes) and no matter how you drive it, 10mph.
My GMC 350 with the electric fuel injection 19.8, still, today.
I don't push engines hard, I don't Stand on the throttle going up the hills either.
Most of the Small blocks because of the power ban, would get the best mileage at right around 3000rpm.
I plan in putting a tachometer on this rig as well as a vacuum gauge, or am I wasting my time
Old 07-24-2014, 06:34 PM   #13

We had a 1997 29 Foot Rexall. It was a great coach. We traded up as we needed more room. It had no slides. It was very well built.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:37 PM   #14

When we got our Rexhall, he told me it had air ride and showed me two like tire or air shock inflaters in the front. I also seen them just before each rear wheel.
I see Nothing in the three ring binder nor paperwork that came with the coach.
I wonder if he meant Air Bag in the coil springs.....
Maybe I had better take my old tired bones out and see if I can get up under her to see.
If it does, what air pressure I wonder ??

Tags
rexhall