Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #1
1998 American Tradition Solar

I have purchased a 1998 American Tradition 40VS motorhome in 2010. The owners manual says that it has a solar panel, however, I am unable to find one. I purchased a new 100 watt solar panel that I want to install on the unit. The manual says that there was a 50 watt panel that was mounted on top of the rear air conditioner shroud. When I look at the BCC service manual from Fleetwood it shows that there is a solar input on the IC board. I guess what I'm looking for is someone who owns a 1998 American Tradition like mine that can tell me where the input from the roof mounted solar panel enters and attaches to the motorhome (whether it goes to the front or back air conditioner). Otherwise I'm looking at running new wiring and a controller which I don't want to do if there is already a solar harness available to plug into. I could sure use some help.

shermar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
I have a 98 American Eagle 40EVS (E simply stands for Eagle). I would think that our coaches are similar.

My solar panel is mounted in front of the front A/C unit. In the event that you may have not gotten on the roof (maybe climbed the ladder and did not see the panel behind the rear A/C) take a walk up to the front and I think you will see the panel.

You can also open the cabinet above the dining table and you will see a button for the solar panel. Depress it and if the panel is still present it will indicate either Charging or Charged. You must have the coach in some sunlight for the indicator to illuminate.

Enjoy your new coach! The solar panel is a plus for sure!

1998 American Eagle 40EVS
FormerBoater is offline   Reply With Quote