Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2016, 04:50 PM   #1

1998 Fleetwood Southwind Oil cooler hose leaking

The Engine oil cooler hose is leaking on the inlet and return hose. They are leaking where the metal line connects to the hose . No replacements are not available from OEM GM parts GM # 15737969 and # 15737965. I am hoping they can be replaced by hydraulic repair shop making up the special fitting onto a flexible hose. Don't know how the connection to the engine is removed just in front of oil filter is a connecting block of sorts. Anyone having experience removing those lines from the engine and how to replace those please advise as to how they were repaired.

ENGINE OIL COOLER LINES
oran42348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2016, 06:50 PM   #2

Lease department of the dealership where I worked had a fleet of Astro vans out and when they were taken out of service , 1/2 of them needed those lines/hoses replaced .
I had to have a oil feed line for the air compressor on my Cat made up at a local truck repair shop . 800 degree and 500 Psi was the spec on the hose they used , fittings and all was within $5 of ordering the part from Cat, ready in an hour.
I hope you can find the same service and availability close to you.

Can't remember any problems removing the lines from the engine on the Astro vans , if memory serves , rad end was a tight squeeze. I'll scratch my head while looking at the diagram again.

EDIT: If possible can you post a picture of the lines at the connection to the motor , I think there is a spring clip that holds the fitting and line together , but I'm not positive.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Lease department of the dealership where I worked had a fleet of Astro vans out and when they were taken out of service , 1/2 of them needed those lines/hoses replaced .
I had to have a oil feed line for the air compressor on my Cat made up at a local truck repair shop . 800 degree and 500 Psi was the spec on the hose they used , fittings and all was within $5 of ordering the part from Cat, ready in an hour.
I hope you can find the same service and availability close to you.

Can't remember any problems removing the lines from the engine on the Astro vans , if memory serves , rad end was a tight squeeze. I'll scratch my head while looking at the diagram again.

EDIT: If possible can you post a picture of the lines at the connection to the motor , I think there is a spring clip that holds the fitting and line together , but I'm not positive.
I cannot see the connector to the engine block. it is between the oil filter and exhaust manifold looking from under i can only see the block with what looks like a swivel connector attached to the engine. the diagram in the link shows the connectors but i dont know how the lines are removed.
oran42348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oran42348 View Post
I cannot see the connector to the engine block. it is between the oil filter and exhaust manifold looking from under i can only see the block with what looks like a swivel connector attached to the engine. the diagram in the link shows the connectors but i dont know how the lines are removed.
There is a spring clip. When I changed my engine fitting out I pushed up on the oil line pulled the clip and the hose easily came free.
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood, leak, southwind