Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2010, 12:44 PM   #1

1998 Georgie Boy Cruise Air

Hi All,

I am seriously looking at a 1998 Georgie Boy Cruise air. It has 27,500 miles on it and has the 460 7.5 liter engine with the Banks power pack.

The paint job is fair, but the inside is in pretty good condition. The asking price is $18,500.

I would really appreciate some comments from people who own one of these RV's or people who are in the know. Does this price seem pretty good? The RV has one slide, 5.5kw generator and is in pretty good nick for the year.

Thank you. (Rookie Buyer)
rudylitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudylitts View Post
Hi All,

I am seriously looking at a 1998 Georgie Boy Cruise air. It has 27,500 miles on it and has the 460 7.5 liter engine with the Banks power pack.

The paint job is fair, but the inside is in pretty good condition. The asking price is $18,500.

I would really appreciate some comments from people who own one of these RV's or people who are in the know. Does this price seem pretty good? The RV has one slide, 5.5kw generator and is in pretty good nick for the year.
rudylitts, That sounds like a good starting point to me. Granted that you'll have to go over the thing with a fine tooth comb but at that price, I believe that you will be par for the course. Just make sure that you like the coach, take it for a spin and try a lot of stuff out to see if it works. Good luck!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
First, check the tires. If the date codes show they a 6 or more years old, you'll need to replace them for safety's sake even if the tread is good. The '98 year probably has 19.5", so you're looking at around $1500 or so. Next check the batteries, replacing them will be likely if they haven't been changed in the last 5 years. Check all systems, make sure fridge is cooling and freezer freezing (another big $ item). Does the A/C and furnace do their job? Check the slide out for operation-another expensive fix. Make sure the genset is operational. Drive train-have a mechanic check them out.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I had a 96 coach with the 460 engine and Banks kit and it was a decent performer.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:51 PM   #5

Thank you

Thanks for all the replies!

Unfortunately somebody beat me to it, and it has been sold. It was a great coach for the price and it had BRAND NEW tires.

I have been looking for a long time and this was the closest I got to pulling the trigger.

Happy travels everyone!
rudylitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:38 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I would like to continue with this thread and a question.
I am looking a t a 1996 35' Georgie By Cruise Air 3595 without slide out.

It has a ford engine/drivetrain and 70,000 mile on the clock. The unit is very well kept, and the dealer will go through with me and check everything over, plus give one month bumper to bumper warranty (not much good in the winter). I talked them down to $14500 from $15900. Is that a good price?
Hudsoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:54 PM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Hudsoner,
I did a quick check on Nada.com and found the average retail for that model is about $12,000.
The price seems a little high to me. One other thing I would be concerned with, The MH you are looking at is 36' long. Does it have a single rear axle or a tag axle (2 axles on rear) I would be concerned about the handling of such a large older coach. It could be difficult to keep it in one lane if it does not have a tag axle.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:25 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabee FTer View Post
Hi Hudsoner,
I did a quick check on Nada.com and found the average retail for that model is about $12,000.
The price seems a little high to me. One other thing I would be concerned with, The MH you are looking at is 36' long. Does it have a single rear axle or a tag axle (2 axles on rear) I would be concerned about the handling of such a large older coach. It could be difficult to keep it in one lane if it does not have a tag axle.
That i s good info to know. The unit has only a single Axle in the back. I don't know the length of the wheelbase, because the VIN search on the Ford site seems to be down, and I am not able to retrieve the chassis manual, to do the length to wheelbase relation calculation.
Hudsoner is offline   Reply With Quote