Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2015, 10:12 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Smile 1999 Allegro Bus M35 Diesel documentation

Hi everybody.
I am returning to RVing and just bought a 1999 Allegro Bus M35 Diesel with the dinette and sofa in the slide. I bought it from someone who passed away and the seller did not have any original paper work for this coach. Unfortunately and as it is often the case, I do not have any original documentation about this coach.
I contacted freightliner and they sent me all the info on the chassis.
I also contacted Tiffin and they sent me the owner's manual but it is very succinct to say the least: no information on how to start the fridge, the heater, maintain the generator, water pump, batteries, etc. so I am looking for someone with a similar coach (1998 to 2003, 34', 37' and 39') who would be willing to send me a PDF of their original equipment list or even better, willing to scan or have scanned the whole original equipment book. I would gladly reimburse them for their effort or directly pay the Kinko place where they can have it done.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
toolhunter55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2015, 02:05 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

No telling what systems and appliances might have been changed in the 16 years your RV has been used. I suggest crawling from front to back, listing every system and appliance you find, listing make and model number. Then sit down with your computer and Google each thing on the list followed by the words, "owners manual." You'll discover that most all RV items are fully supported with manuals, troubleshooting guides, and parts lists.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 02:08 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis

I agree with BFlinn181, that is probably the only way to get any manuals.
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 02:11 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
X2 BFlinn181

Did you ask the manufacturer for a build sheet which has all the main components by manufacturer, model, and SN?

Even though I got all the manuals with mine I have created an extensive library for all my operating systems. In most cases the copies that are provided are just the operating, nothing to do with repair and troubleshooting. Almost all major RV component manufacturer's information can be found on the internet.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 11:13 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks all. Today I looked and took pictures of all components on my bus and also found a similar Allegro with all the docs at a dealer. It is a 98 but still took pictures of the docs then will compare with mine and search on web.
An interesting thing I saw was that this other coach had a book called "Tiffin Motor Home electrical schematics Allegro Bay and Allegro Bus". This one was too thick to completely copy with my camera but if someone has a similar one scanned I would be interested.
Thanks for all the info.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:08 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club

Congrats on the newtoyou rig. Suggest you post your questions on the Tiffen Owner's forum, here on IRV2, and also consider going to a Tiffen rally somewhere. That was, you most likely can find someone knowledgeable about the systems, and show and tell you about them.

If you get make and model numbers of things like the furnace, A/C, gen, etc, you may be able to contact the manufacturers, or search online, for further info.

Make sure you check your tire pressures, that they are inflated properly for the weight of the loaded rig; examine tires closely for damage; change fluids and filters, etc. Hope you enjoy your new adventures.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:00 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Just received a PDF of the electrical schematics from Tiffin. This is my first Tiffin and very impressed by their quick responses. Also thanks to everybody who responded in this forum.

Tags
diesel