Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-31-2014, 09:08 AM   #1

1999 Beaver Patriot

Good Morning All, I am going to go look at a 1999 Beaver Patriot 33 feet. Are there any recalls I need to look at or any thing that may be of concern in a coach that is that old. It appears to be in great shape...I am waiting for it to get here from Atlanta, it is being shipped across country..I also do not see a Beaver owners forum to check, anyone know where to go for Beaver owners...Thank you for the input, I have been looking for 2 years now and this one appeals to me more than others because of build quality.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2014, 09:32 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopers Mom View Post
Good Morning All, I am going to go look at a 1999 Beaver Patriot 33 feet. Are there any recalls I need to look at or any thing that may be of concern in a coach that is that old. It appears to be in great shape...I am waiting for it to get here from Atlanta, it is being shipped across country..I also do not see a Beaver owners forum to check, anyone know where to go for Beaver owners...Thank you for the input, I have been looking for 2 years now and this one appeals to me more than others because of build quality.

Beaver was purchased by Monaco shortly after this coach was built. The Beaver owners post on the Monaco forum. There is also a very active Beaver specific club. The Beaver Ambassadors Club. Lots of knowledge there.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07

Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 08:35 PM   #3

I suggest that you print out a copy of this check list from the RV Consumer Group to use when you go over it.
SKP Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:01 PM   #4

Recall and Safety Notices for RVs, Motorhomes, Campers and 5th Wheels might be of some help. IMO this is a very good MH brand.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:23 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
They must want to sell it very bad to ship it across the U.S., do the inspection very well. Check for water leaks, mold, odd smells, excessive rust on frame, age of tires. Request all service records to see if required maintenance has been done over the life of the MH. Hope it does turn out to be what your looking for and is in good condition.

Chuck
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350,F53 Chassis Chassis build date 1/99, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags front & rear, Koni Shocks,Blue OX TruCenter,TigerTrak track bars front & rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar,2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW with B & W Custom Truck Bed, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:32 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
BEAVER INFORMATION, good luck.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 07:41 AM   #7

Quote:
CM I owned a 2000 Beaver the same as this. It is a great coach the woodwork in side in incredible, ran great no problems. When you show up at campgrounds with that unit the old timers that have been around will recognize the quality of the Beaver. We traded our for the one I have now because we went full time and the Beaver lacked storage. You can check with the "Beaver Ambassador club" you have to join to post on there forum but you can lurk. You will not be disappointed with the quality.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:52 PM   #8
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
You will likely have to submit your VIN# to Monaco although, I just did mine when I bought it in May and due to Monaco's sale situation, many records for the Beaver brand have been lost. I got a letter from Monaco stating no known recalls were recorded.
My fridge, a Norcold, had the recall done.
I have also joined the BAC Forum as members are all Beaver owners and have specific knowledge relating to the brand.
I would recommend you doing this as well.

You will really enjoy the quality of the Beaver Coach!
Old 11-02-2014, 11:03 PM   #9

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
You will likely have to submit your VIN# to Monaco although, I just did mine when I bought it in May and due to Monaco's sale situation, many records for the Beaver brand have been lost. I got a letter from Monaco stating no known recalls were recorded.
My fridge, a Norcold, had the recall done.
You're not going to get any help from Monaco; it is my understanding that all vehicle-specific records prior to the Monaco take-over in 2003 were destroyed several years ago. The Beaver Ambassador Club is the best source of info on Beavers of this era which were built by the Safari Motorcoach Company.

This vehicle was most likely subject to one or more brake recalls issued in the early 2000's. The recalls were typically described as involving Bosch disc brakes. You probably can use the vehicle's VIN on the appropriate federal highway safety website to find out what they were. I would be surprised if they hadn't been performed by now.

The Norcold appliance recall has been ongoing for several years and involves most, if not all, the 12 cu ft refrigerators used in these MHs. If the recall has been performed a small box will be visible via the refrigerator access panel; any RV dealer or technician should be able to point it out to you.
docj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:51 PM   #10

Incredible Info

Wow! Wonderful info, insights and links; will keep me busy all weekend.
I am going to spend tomorrow with the vehicle going through one of the suggested check list. If goes well I will make an offer contingent upon a clean bill of health from a local diesel magnum chassis mechanic.

All advice is being taken seriously. Thanks to all.

Tom

Tags
beaver