Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #15

Gulf Streamers Club
I'm not positive, but I believe that circuit board is the time delay controller that delays power supply to RV to protect air conditioner compresser. That wold be my guess for the on/off switch.

You should not have shore cord OR generator going when poking around in the transfer box. You're just trying to see if the points in the switch open and close, not actually put electricity through as you test. If you can see the points, you can see if they are burnt or pull some emery cloth through them to clean them up a bit.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #16

Yea I'm very Cautious with ac, thank you, soon as it cools off out ther I'll shut it down & get at it.
On a Mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=AE67F...392766057!2101

The above link will take you to Dick's information on your MH

Art
wb7auk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:29 PM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The blue switch is to turn on or off the time delay when switching between shore or generator power to protect the ac units if they don't have time delays built in. Your ac's should have a two minute time delays built in to them like my Dolphin. Was the switch off when you found it? Have you checked the breakers on the generator? The surge may have tripped both of the breakers, and why you have no power from the generator.

Chuck
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:30 PM   #19

I have power from the generator to the relay box. 120 to the third one on the top but it's not tripping to let it go thru to coach 120 panel. 120 makes it to the box from shore power and every thing works but battery charge when on shore or generator. I can move it back & forth when power off by hand.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130630_212929.png
Views:	99
Size:	545.7 KB
ID:	41593  
Old 07-01-2013, 01:00 AM   #20

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Two things. 1. The circuit board in your second picture is for the generator only. With the blue switch on there is a 30 second time delay before the generator relay contacts will close and allows power to the coach. With the switch off there is no delay. The time delay is to give the generator time to come up to speed and stabilize before starting the AC's. You don't need to time delay if the AC's have time delays built in. Does the green light on the board ever come on? If it does come on the board has gone through it's delay, and the relay for the generator (left one) should close allowing power to the MH. If the light never comes on there may be a problem with the circuit board. Or the circuit board is not getting the correct power from the generator.

2. In your first picture it appears that the middle relay contacts have been overheated by the discoloration on them. The other two relays contacts are still shiny. From what I can see the middle one is you incoming power cord. The discoloration is an indication of a poor connection at the contacts, the contacts or the relay should be replaced. However, thta can wait until your current problem is fixed. The discoloration may be old since the MH was a rental. It could have been caused by unplugging the power cord while there was still some heavy load on in the MH.

There is a number of other tests that can be done to check if the time delay circuit board it bad or if it is getting the correct power. However, the tests require the the transfer switch has power to it, and should be done by someone that is very knowledgeable working on electrical components. Does the transfer switch have the name of the manufacturer and model number on it. If you can get that I can do a search for the documentation for it. As for your charger not working, there may be a breaker that is tripped on your inverter.

Chuck
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:02 AM   #21

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Forgot to add this link to Dick Berry's files, they are for a 99 Tradewind.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=ae67f...392766057!2101

Chuck
Old 07-01-2013, 08:23 AM   #22

Thanks & no that green light has never let up since I have the coach and that circuit board for the green light is was out of the housing and sparking on the box. And the converter will not charge the batteries only the coach will charge the batteries so I bought a battery charger and was plugging it in a 120 out let to charge batterys in the mh when generator runs & hook up to shore power when I'm able! I'll look up the part When my kids take a nap it's the only time I can think. Thank you for your time. It is much appreciated. We're a family of 4 on limited budget so I have to do everything myself. I did all my work on my house until the bank took it, just could no keep up. So I know how to get er dunn just some new ways of power on mh. Can I rewired the whole box do it with manual switches? Use a 50 amp box with throw switches. So I have control of when & where my power going?