Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2016, 04:20 AM   #15

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Been there - done that!! We had rented a 40' Fleetwood Revolution dp Christmas a year ago to A) see if we liked the idea of rv-ing, and B) to go see our oldest son in Palmdale CA for Xmas. We live in Raleigh mind you so the trip ended up being nearly 6,000 mile roundtrip in about 2 1/2 weeks!

Well, we found out that A) we loved it (so much that we now own a HR Endeavor 40SFT; and B) we don't want a house full of 3 grandkids and parents and pooch to tag along with us for the whole trip either!! We were loaded to the gills, but honestly enjoyed the trip - through ice and rain and snow in Texas, but we made it just fine.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2016, 04:39 AM   #16

We are looking for the same thing. With some of the options Newmar and Tiffin have it is almost doable from new.
The other thing we question is why the heck does every floorplan have 1-1/2 baths. 2 people just don't need the extra wasted space of a 1/2 bath. Put the bath back in the center. If you are afraid of guests using your bathroom, send them to the bath house. 1 bath is plenty to clean and winterize for me.
az99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 04:56 AM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
As said, if buying new, many options. If not new, most any coach can have furniture changed out to suit your needs. A quick Google search for RV Furniture brings up many, many choices. This thread has sparked an interest for me in losing a couch and adding a desk like RV DESKS, MOTORHOME DESKS, rv dinette furniture, rv custom furniture, rv woodwork, motorhome dinette furniture, rv dinette table, rv dinette sets, rv dinette chairs this one.

Interestingly enough, my perusal of what's available in RV furniture brought up quite a few sites that look to be factory surplus, etc... with (what I thought were) very reasonable prices.

And, since your coach is on wheels, you can make it a full-blown search project and find exactly what you want where ever it happens to be and head in that direction. Frankly, you could replace most anything you want (with all custom, if you like) and still spend less than what you would lose in depreciation ten minutes after you drive a new one off the lot.
blang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 12:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by az99 View Post
The other thing we question is why the heck does every floorplan have 1-1/2 baths. 2 people just don't need the extra wasted space of a 1/2 bath. Put the bath back in the center. If you are afraid of guests using your bathroom, send them to the bath house. 1 bath is plenty to clean and winterize for me.
This! Man, it's gotta be one of my biggest pet peaves with new rigs.
Scatterbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 12:50 PM   #19

Haha, and you are a couple. I am single. L sofa out, Euro recliner in. Actually sold my bench dinette already and put in 1 nice solid wood chair. L sofa still for sale but gonna toss it real soon if it doesn't sell. Euro recliner (real leather) purchased on sale at Lazydays this past weekend at a super good price (grand opening of their store in Tampa).
No biggie about what's in it. I'll make it my own anyway
Old 05-05-2016, 04:35 PM   #20

Quote:
We are looking for the same thing. With some of the options Newmar and Tiffin have it is almost doable from new.
Different strokes for different folks. Even though we don't own an rv yet my wife and I have already decided that we want a bath and 1/2 model. Our reasoning - there are enough times already where both bathrooms in the house are "in use." I don't expect our habits and usage once we retire and hit the road to change.
ScottS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 05:16 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
Different strokes for different folks. Even though we don't own an rv yet my wife and I have already decided that we want a bath and 1/2 model. Our reasoning - there are enough times already where both bathrooms in the house are "in use." I don't expect our habits and usage once we retire and hit the road to change.
Are you constantly using both toilets at the same time? My rig has a split bath midship. The shower, sink and cabinets/countertop are on one side and the toilet room on the other. I can see both people needing to use the sink/mirror at the same time, but that can be alleviated simply by having the toilet room equipped as most half baths currently are, or by simply having the double sink are midship, as Tiffen does on some of their 42ft floorplans.
Scatterbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 05:27 PM   #22

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Many times, one of us is doing the potty dance while the other is sitting. A bath and 1/2 solves that problem. I WANT the bath and 1/2.

There are floor plans out there that only have one bath. Plenty of them.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:00 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterson View Post
It's just the two of us. We're grandparents, not parents home schooling eight kids in a class A. We don't want to entertain. We don't even entertain at our sticks and bricks. Sure the grandkids sometimes spend the weekend at our home. But we don't have a sofa - just two comfy chairs that the kids sit in with us. Adults may come but very rarely. We live out in the country and aren't in visiting range for those who might want to drop by. When the adults do come by we get out a folding chair or two.

So, does anyone make a class A diesel pusher that does NOT have a couch for six and another couch for two or three? Give us two comfy chairs facing the tv. Have the tv visible from the booth dinette. The rest of the premium space taken by those huge L couches would best be, for us anyway, used for a desk or a workstation. Or give us a larger closet. If we have company they can sit outside with us in some folding chairs.

We're not rock stars and don't have an entourage. We don't want an entourage. It's going to be just the two of us 99.9999% of the time.

So give us a class A built for TWO please!
We have almost exactly the same requirements as you describe. So, we made our coach to fit our lifestyle.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/awes...ml#post1328098
Old 05-05-2016, 06:47 PM   #24

We're in the 2 bath camp. In our previous 40' Bus we only had one and it was OK, but occasionally someone would end up doing the dance waiting for a vacancy. Whth the bath and a half, DW stores all her washing supplies in the front bath directly across ftom the washer and drier. In addition when traveling with family we dedicate the front to the guest(s) and we use the rear. No one has to modify their day or night time routine waiting or calling "anyone in there?"
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:19 PM   #25

2, not 10, people in coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJFZ View Post
Newmar will make many changes to the seating options of their coaches. I am aware of several Newmars that have no sofa but rather two recliners and either an opposing bar or custom cabinetry. You will be very pleasantly surprised how much Newmar will customize a coach. This is one feature that sets them apart.

Mike

X2 on Newmar. 2 recliners facing a tv
Old 05-06-2016, 05:10 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernlady View Post

There are floor plans out there that only have one bath. Plenty of them.
Show me a tag axle 40'-45' Newmar .
az99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 05:16 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerBoater View Post
Most are really designed for 2.

And based upon your post, I doubt many would want to visit.

Hahahaaaa

Steph and Eden

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 05-06-2016, 06:39 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatterbrain View Post
Are you constantly using both toilets at the same time? My rig has a split bath midship. The shower, sink and cabinets/countertop are on one side and the toilet room on the other. I can see both people needing to use the sink/mirror at the same time, but that can be alleviated simply by having the toilet room equipped as most half baths currently are, or by simply having the double sink are midship, as Tiffen does on some of their 42ft floorplans.
Yes, I was referring to the toilets. It's not all the time, but enough times that we joke "gonna need a bath and a half."

We must not be the only couple that has come to that conclusion. Some of the most popular floorplans for Tiffin, Newmar, and Entegra are bath & 1/2 models. They wouldn't be manufacturing them if customers weren't buying them.
ScottS is offline   Reply With Quote