Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
No pyramid, thank God. My brother had that experience in a permanent camper he purchased at a CG. He said it was a disgusting job. I shot a little water down there with a hose and it dislodged it. I think it just needs a good flush and a rinse.
I'll keep plugging away at the toilet problem.

Thanks as always Guy's and Gal's.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #16

Sounds good.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Tetford makes a lot of different models, some you pull up some you push part way down, some.. Work differently.

So, Without the model number,, No joy

To find the model number.. The toilet pedistal is where you find the lable, there is usually a collar that covers this pedistal, it is easily removed, then you can read the lable, and simply snap the collar back on.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #18

Just checked mine. Mod. 31653, left side, just below the seats.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:43 AM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I spoke with Thetford yesterday. They said there is no adjustment on the cable ( except for the one that Dunner came up with). So I have to guess the cable is the wrong one. The seal he thought you could replace without pulling the toilet, but for the cable you would have to pull it. No time to pull the toilet now, I have some camping reservations the week of the forth and bsy,busy, busy until then.
Thanks for all the input
Old 06-20-2012, 06:10 AM   #20

Ford Super Duty Owner
It's been awhile, but mine did the same and I found there was a "S" shaped metal link that was bent out of shape. Trial and error re-bending it and it finally was ok again. The link was on the back side and I had to remove the toilet to get at it.
zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #21

In this application I doubt the cable has stretched. More than likely the plastic has bent, compressed or collapsed. It's probably the right cable.

Steve, when you get a chance, remove it, hose it down, and bench test it to see if you can tell why it's no pulling the water valve sooner. You don't need to use a washer like I did, anything to make the cable pull the valve sooner. Wrap some wire around it, anything. PM me if you need details.