Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2015, 11:39 AM   #1

2002 Monaco Executive Aqua Hot

Just purchased 40' Monaco Executive, this is my first time for owning a Aqua Hot heating system, I want to check A/H fluid level and having a problem locating the over flow tank or point to fill system, I have been told to also check anti freeze system fluid for cold weather, can anyone help advise how to locate fill point, I checked top of unit for cap to fill but all I see are clear tubes (approx. 4) running up thru floor.
Thanks
Ken
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2015, 12:01 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbound View Post
Just purchased 40' Monaco Executive, this is my first time for owning a Aqua Hot heating system, I want to check A/H fluid level and having a problem locating the over flow tank or point to fill system, I have been told to also check anti freeze system fluid for cold weather, can anyone help advise how to locate fill point, I checked top of unit for cap to fill but all I see are clear tubes (approx. 4) running up thru floor.

Thanks

Ken

The AquaHot coolant overflow tank should be on the front bulkhead of the passenger side compartment where the fuel tank is located. You may have to remove two screws at the bottom of the door to open. The fuel filter for the AquaHot is on the back bulkhead of the same compartment.

If you are referring to the pink RV antifreeze for the AquaHot, then when you pump antifreeze through the plumbing, open the hot water taps also which will allow the antifreeze to fill the fresh water loop inside the AquaHot. It's very important to protect this copper loop from freezing. If that splits, it's an $8-10k boo-boo.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 12:10 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Ditto what he said.
Procyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:46 AM   #4

Thanks for the information, when it stops raining I will check bin, coach belonged to one of my best friends and was kept indoors and was only used twice in last 2 years, not sure when unit was checked out so it is well over due, I had to tap on check valves to get living room heat working. Is the over flow tank where you check aqua anti freeze level? I also noticed a switch saying heater on bathroom sink, when I flip it nothing happens, there is a heat register at bottom of cabinet with no air flow, any idea on what may be happening.
Thanks

Ken
2002 Executive
Old 11-09-2015, 07:30 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
You must remove the radiator cap to check anti freeze level. Yours likey still uses green anti freeze, but it is dependent on the the model and year. That info is on the AH web site. The heater you refer to is probably a 110V base board heater, you might check its circuit breaker.

First thing I would do is an annual tune up for the AH, there is a very small orifice used in the burner that clogs easily when not used.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:47 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
On my AH the switch in the bathroom turns energizes the fan for Zone 2 on the rear thermostat. Either you don't have zone 2 set to furnace or the fuse that controls the blower is blown.
Procyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procyon View Post
On my AH the switch in the bathroom turns energizes the fan for Zone 2 on the rear thermostat. Either you don't have zone 2 set to furnace or the fuse that controls the blower is blown.

Randy,

Do you know where that fuse is by any chance? My switch in the bathroom has never worked. My assumption has been that it's function was to simply turn off the heat exchanger blower when the bedroom zone was calling for heat. This would keep the small area in the bathroom from getting overheated. I also assume that this fan wouldn't run regardless of the switch position if the bedroom zone wasn't calling for heat. Are these assumptions correct?

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:25 AM   #8

Found over flow tank and fuel filter right where you said, I would have never found them without your help. Rain has stopped so I will start looking for fill cap. My AH works just fine, starts right up, burns clean with no smoke. I am starting to think my zone 2 problem of not working may be in stat, my stat shows zone 1 & 2 with a line under zone 1, I can not get line to transfer under zone 2 which is why I think my zone 2 (bath & second bedroom register) fans will not go on. Any ideas why stat is not switching to both zones while in furnace mode.
Thanks

Ken
2002 Monaco Executive
Old 11-10-2015, 10:22 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Ken, I assume you are pushing the zone button to get the line under zone 2? Then you can see what the setting is for zone 2, a\c, furnace, heat pump. Make sure it is set to furnace.

Steve, you are correct about that switch just turning the blower on in the bathroom when (on my coach) zone 2 is calling for heat. My bedroom is zone 1 and does not affect the bathroom switch.
Old 11-10-2015, 03:29 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbound View Post
Any ideas why stat is not switching to both zones while in furnace mode.
Thanks

Ken
2002 Monaco Executive
Do you have a 4 button or a 5 button thermostat?
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 04:35 PM   #11

Finally got it, not sure what I did but stat started switching zones, was able to get bathroom heater working, the bathroom switch does control fan motor, it blows until switched off, also found AH fill cap, could not see it, had to feel top of unit with my hand to locate,there is barely enough room to remove cap, had to hand pump solution (green) into AH, only one thing left to do, my kitchen has 2 registers at sink area, it feels like only one blows air, need to check fan for power. Thanks for your help.

Ken
2002 Monaco Executive
Old 11-10-2015, 08:50 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Ken, if your two kitchen registers are like mine, they have a black flexible hose that runs from the heated radiator to the outlets you see. I'm betting that if you can pull a drawer out you will find one of the hoses have come unhooked. On mine I have a pull out pantry and you can see the hoses and where they attach. I have three hoses, the two in the kitchen and one behind the front passenger seat where there is another vent.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:36 PM   #13

Thanks for the info I will check it out, that would be a easy fix.

Ken
2002 Monaco Executive
Old 11-13-2015, 03:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman1 View Post
Ken, if your two kitchen registers are like mine, they have a black flexible hose that runs from the heated radiator to the outlets you see. I'm betting that if you can pull a drawer out you will find one of the hoses have come unhooked. On mine I have a pull out pantry and you can see the hoses and where they attach. I have three hoses, the two in the kitchen and one behind the front passenger seat where there is another vent.
Hi Randy,
Finally found time to check out second registers in living room and bedroom, after looking at them I came to the conclusion that one is for discharge air and the other is return/supply air, made sense after looking at them, without the second register system would run in a vacuum, second baseboard grill is the only way to get fresh air.
Your system with hose may also be supply air.
Thanks for the help.
Ken

2002 Monaco Executive

Tags
monaco