Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2006, 08:00 AM   #1

My wife and I are looking at a 2002 SeaBreeze LX 1311 with only 4500 miles on it. It has the Ford motor and chassis rather than the Chevy/workourse. (Probably a long shot.)

Does anyone have any experience, opinions, comments on this coach?

Thanks in advance,

Hack
--//--
ehackney is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2006, 08:00 AM   #2

My wife and I are looking at a 2002 SeaBreeze LX 1311 with only 4500 miles on it. It has the Ford motor and chassis rather than the Chevy/workourse. (Probably a long shot.)

Does anyone have any experience, opinions, comments on this coach?

Thanks in advance,

Hack
--//--
ehackney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:29 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I cant speak to the Seabreeze part of the coach although I dont remember hearing of any problems with them. As far as the chassis part goes, if the chassis is actually an '01(even though the coach is an '02), it might have the 275 HP and not the newer 325HP. It was right around there that they increased the engine.
I think those are the numbers for the older and newer one. I'm having a senior moment!!
If it has black coated shocks on it, they are the originals. If they are blue and yellow, they are the newer Bilsteins. If they are the black ones, my guess is that you will want to replace them if the original owner has not already done so. The next thing to look at is the tire aging. Look at the DOT imprint for date of mfg. of the tires. Rule of thumb is around 5-6 years need replaced regardless if they only have 4500 miles on them due to aging and effects from UV rays.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:55 PM   #4

We are on our second Seabreeze, an '05. After being through the factory twice, I can say it appears to be a well made coach. Never had any serious problems on either one. Factory support has been good. They replced a stress crack damaged windshield out of warrenty for free. It's been raining cats and dogs up here in Canada for two days, and this one definately does not leak. Aftermarket additions are available to help with power and handeling. Would definately buy another one. Unless I had more money. Then I would move up the National RV line.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:59 AM   #5

We had an 04 Seabreeze on the Workhorse and it was a great coach. Only reason we traded it in is that we (;-) wanted a pusher.

I would be concerned about an '02 with such low mileage -- both on the engine/drivetrain and most likely on the generator. It has probably sat for a LONG time between runs and you might run into seal and fuel system problems because of that -- this would apply to any coach with very little usage over the years.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:18 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Starting in 00 the Ford engine was 310 if it has a Y in the vin number. 4 years 1000 a year, not much use. Was the gen set exercised regularly. About 2 hours per month to keep the gas from varnishing. Good Luck
Old 07-10-2006, 06:24 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We had a 98 Sea View on the 99 Ford Chassis. It is very similar to the 02 Sea Breeze. As noted any chassis btwn 2002 and 2005 will have 310 hp. I wouldn't worry about the Ford chassis, I would trade my 06 workhorse for my old Ford chassis any day. It rode and handled so nuch better, and no recalls or failing LCD dash.

Glenn