Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2014, 07:53 PM   #1

2003 Bounder water city water connection

I might have some wrong settings. but when I was using the city water connection the tanks filled to capacity and started overflowing while in the past, I just hooked up the hose to this same port an we had city water to use w/o filling the water storage tanks.

A possible difference--the flow regulator may not have been at the proper setting or it may not have worked. secondly, when I used the water from the tanks the small pump would not sufficiently charge the lines to ever shut off so we used the switch to get some water flow to the sinks and shower but with very low pressure.

I did not see any leaks in the water lines. But could there be an air vent or valve that needs to be closed or turned another way?
dbilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2014, 08:17 PM   #2

there is a valve you either turn to city setting or fresh water tank setting. that's why it overflowed.if the pump keeps running you have a line not holding pressure for one reason or another and the low pressure confirms what I said u have a leak somewhere
racersedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:03 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
If you can't find a leak the issue may be the pump itself. The other day I helped a guy replace his pump. When the pump first turned on, the pressure was great for a few seconds then pressure dropped to nothing. Checked everywhere for leaks. Found nothing. Replaced the pump and all works perfect now.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:25 PM   #4
paz

If your fresh water tank is filling to capacity while hooked up to city water, there 3 possibilities I can think of that can cause this.

1. The check valve in the pump is leaking. If this is the case, the fresh water tank will take hours or days to fill. The taps will still work without using the pump. Since you say when using water from the tank, the pump will not pressurize the system enough to shut off, I suspect this is your problem.
2. The fill valve is in the wrong position. If it is, you won't get any water out of the taps without the pump being on because it is all flowing into the tank. If this is the case, the tank will fill and overflow rather quickly (10-15 minutes or less)
3. The fill valve itself is leaking. This happened to me, and I had to replace the 3-way ball valve for the water inlet. As in the case of a leaking pump check valve, the tank will take hours or days to fill and water will still come out of the taps without the pump.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder, water