Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2015, 03:36 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
2003 Coachmen Mirada fresh water control

We just purchased a 34 foot 2003 Coachmen Mirada and it has the fresh water control panel in one of the bays. The owner's manual is very vague on how to use this system and leaves a lot to the imagination. Does anyone have this system that could offer step by step instructions with illustrations or pictures?? That would be very helpful. Thank you!
DNVGolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2015, 05:20 PM   #2

On my 2001, there was an illustration on the valve unit itself showing the valve directions for fill, use, winterizing ect..
Old 03-14-2015, 06:08 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a 2001 Mirada,

The panel is laid out OK, put the 5 valves into the positions shown to accomplish what you want to do. note the 4 little diagrams just above and below the center valve; FILL, USE, DRAIN, WINTERIZE

The one valve thats not on the panel is a water tank drain. (it is labeled correctly) water will drain underneath the coach. (lower right in the photo)

The port above the water tank drain is used to suction fill the tank (You use your coach water pump to suck liquid out of your container. This is not a standard hose fitting, Its more like the fitting you find to connect water supply to bathroom sink faucets. I made an adapter and 6 ft hose. I use this to suck a couple gallons into the tank when I winterize.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WaterPanel.jpg
Views:	1149
Size:	258.1 KB
ID:	88551  
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 06:19 AM   #4

Forest River Owners Club

Thanks for the replies. Should the areas that say "fill, use, drain & winterize" light up? Ours don't. We have managed to get water into the tank, but don't have anything going through the water heater. We can open the cold water faucets and get water, but nothing comes out of the faucet when turned to hot, and we have waited a long time.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:50 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
No, no lights. Those are just little diagrams that show what the valve positions need to be in to perform the particular function.

Take a look at the water valves on the water heater itself, they may be turned off for winterization.

My water heater is between the table bench seats and the shower. Pull out the two drawers and you should see it on the floor.

Mine has three valves, one shuts off cold in, one shuts off hot out, and the third bypasses the water heater.

The bypass makes it easy to winterize (thats the pink stuff in the water lines)

In the photo below, the cold in and hot out are turned on and allow flow thru the heater. The bypass is closed and will not allow flow.

If the water heater has been winterized, it may also have the drain plug pulled. You'll need to look outside, open up the water heater compartment. The plastic plug near the bottom of the water heater may be removed to drain it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WaterHeater_Winterized.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	289.2 KB
ID:	88582  
Old 03-16-2015, 05:52 AM   #6

Forest River Owners Club

Ah, the light dawns! Thank you so much Waiter21 for your excellent help. We appreciate it so very much!
Old 03-16-2015, 06:06 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Those black valves on the water heater are very fragile. One of mine broke and leaked water everywhere. I think the flexing from unsecured tubes caused the break. I'll be posting an article on the valve fix later.

As an emergency repair, I simply cut the tube and inserted one of these "Shark Teeth" valves. I was then able to shut the water off and finish our trip.

Buy one of these valves (1/2 inch PEX) and keep it in your spare parts box. These just push onto the tube, no tools required. You'll hear people refer to these as "Shark Teeth" connectors, they have sharp little teeth that grip the tube. They use an O-ring to seal. These are re-usable, i.e., you can remove them after you make a repair. You need about 1 inch of tub exposed for these to push onto the tube.

These cost about $10 each, when you goto the store to buy that little fitting for your suction, buy one of these also.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PEX_valve.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	88668  
Old 03-17-2015, 06:00 AM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
Thanks for the tip--we'll get one!

Tags