Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2015, 08:36 PM   #1

2003 Country Coach Allure Shower Mixing Control

The shower mixing control (Moen) has stopped producing any hot water. Would appreciate any suggestions as to the cause and what I can do about it. Herb

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2015, 08:52 PM   #2

2003 Country Coach Allure Shower Mixing Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb Currie View Post
The shower mixing control (Moen) has stopped producing any hot water. Would appreciate any suggestions as to the cause and what I can do about it. Herb

I'm guessing the cartridge and bore is full of calcium deposits. I had this with my '03 last year. The cartridge was stuck in the bore so I ordered the whole control valve & replaced.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07

Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 01:06 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
I'm guessing the cartridge and bore is full of calcium deposits. I had this with my '03 last year. The cartridge was stuck in the bore so I ordered the whole control valve & replaced.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Yup.You can get one from eBay for about half the price of that in a big box store.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:57 AM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Steve, I replaced my cartridge in my shower, but my water never gets really hot. I called moen and they told me that the hole on the stem has to be facing up when you slide it back in. Well, I still don't have real hot water. The rest of the coach has hot water. So what have I missed? Thanks, John 2003 CC Allure
Old 07-01-2015, 11:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock481 View Post
Steve, I replaced my cartridge in my shower, but my water never gets really hot. I called moen and they told me that the hole on the stem has to be facing up when you slide it back in. Well, I still don't have real hot water. The rest of the coach has hot water. So what have I missed? Thanks, John 2003 CC Allure

Does your valve set up have limiting anti scald adjustments? That's the only thing I can think of. I replaced my valve/cartridge as an assembly & it worked fine when installed. As a plumber I'm a pretty good electrician.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:47 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Moen has two similar models. One is pressure balanced, the other is temperature compensated. Both are easily serviced, most times you can get parts at box store. I discovered that once in a while I was able to create a problem by leaving the shower valve open (on) and then cranking the water supply to full on. The inrush can sometimes hammer the balancing mechanism into submission and simply taking apart and "unjamming" things can fix that problem.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:51 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Yup.You can get one from eBay for about half the price of that in a big box store.
Bought my first one from ebay. They showed a pic of the moen but shipped a cheap knockoff. Couldn't shut it off after install and big long procedure to fix that was in instructions. Went to HD and bought a REAL one. Worked first time no adjustment needed. Spend the money, it's worth not having the headache.
Rich

Tags
shower