Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2014, 04:27 PM   #1

2003.Discovery help no ignition power

Hi I am new here and am hoping I can get some help. I have a 2003 Fleetwood Discovery 39l I have ran into a problem I can't seem to figure out . I have lost power to the battery cable post on the front driver side the one on the passengr side has power. I get no power to the ignition or any other thongs that are supposed to light up. Batteries are fine all lines in the electrical compartment are showing voltage have checked all the terminals they are fine so problem is from the batteries to the front post. I can jump power from one post in the front to the other to start it and run it also if I leave it plugged in to ac power it will work like it is supposed to. I can start and run it fine but once I shut it off it is hit or miss that I will get power again. Any ideas thank you.Alan
Alanboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2014, 04:31 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

Do you have a battery shut off switch for the chassis battery? How about a 'battery boost' switch on the dashboard? Sounds like you have issues with the battery isolation solenoid. If you have either or both of the above switches, try them and listen for a clicking sound.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:47 AM   #3

I don't have a shut off switch it only has the b.c.u unit which seems to be operating fine my battery aux switch doesn't seem to do anything but it don't seem to work even if the unit is working.also even if I have the b.c.u. unit off it is still able to start the rv when it is working.I have tested all the relays I can find including the ones in the b.c.u. and they seem to get power even when the problem happens. I have one connection on the back wall that is a little black terminal with two connections on says battery other says aux I don't know what that is but both sides get power.
Alanboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:05 AM   #4

Check your ignition solenoid.

24' Bornfree
John S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power