Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2018, 07:36 AM   #1

2003 Fleetwood Revolution Generator Removal

We just bought a 2003 Fleetwood Revolution and are wanting to remove the generator. It has a small fuel leak and we do not know that the water pump belt has ever been replaced, so we would like to completely service it. However, the 7.5 Onan is unfortunately not on a slide. It looks like either the generator has to come out the bottom, or the front bumber has to be removed. We would like to pull it out the front since we do not have a pit to drop the gen into, but at first glance it does not look like the front bumber comes off easily (appears that it is tucked behind other body panels). Does anyone have experience with a similar coach and could you provide any advice? Thanks in advance!
clh7837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2018, 09:09 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Sorry but I'm not a Fleetwood guy.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 05:10 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum! We're sorry that it took a problem to get you to join, but we hope that you will stay engaged after you have a resolution.
Old 06-04-2018, 07:53 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
I removed the generator on our 06 Winnebago Tour by dropping it and pulling it out from the front. A few tips.. it is very Heavy and the weight is not centered when you use a jack. I used a larger piece of 3/4” plywoid to strap it and the jacks to. Hevy duty cargo straps a tranny jack and a regular 2 ton floor jack. I will find pictures if you want them. I had to replace the oil pan as it cracked when i tried removing the oil plug when we bought the RV.

GOD Bless!
cpkleve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:22 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0734.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	205731Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0740.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	205732

I also took photos of all lines before disconnecting them so i would be able to put them back correctly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0748.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	205733

I used an engine hoist to separate the generator from its home. There are alot of bolts holding the outside framing together.
cpkleve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:53 PM   #6

Good job!
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 05:59 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I had a 2003 Revolution and here are the instructions I got from Radar.

2003 Fleetwood Revolution. Did you consider just removing the front cap and just slide it out the front? Taking the cap off is about a 20 minute job with two people for our coach. 6 Screws and 4 Rivets. After that just disconnect the 2 fuel lines, 2 battery cables and the AC stuff and slide it out with a floor jack and some plywood. Ours is held in with 8 bolts easy to get at. We never had to take it out to do what we had to do but it looked fairly easy and there was nothing in the way. Assuming you don't have any problem with the hoses or cables I would say 2 hours sitting on the ground. Less the second time. It took me awhile to figure out the front cap thing the first time but goes quick after that. Maybe 60 pounds.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:58 AM   #8

2003 Fleetwood Revolution Generator Removal

Most revolutions have to come out the bottom or remove the whole front end.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:54 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We are lucky enough to have a center panel in the front. I removed the panel and used an ATV jack from harbor freight to lower the generator. It was not a bad job. I will say this, maybe others will chime in but speaking for myself, if I ever have the need to drop it again I will replace the temp sensor everytime I have access to it and hope the threads are not seized. (been there and it was not fun)
banjopickin1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood, generator, removal, revolution