Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2011, 09:58 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
2003 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager sets real low

Does anyone out there have one of these and do they all set so low. Ground clearance < 1' looking at other make coaches that set twice as high wondering if anyone bottoms out. ( I haven't yet ) We have had the unit 2 months and love it trying to get all the bugs out now seems it set for 18 months. so far new tires, shocks, Dash A/C tune up. lots of cleaning... still have 2 leaks in roof, furnase does not work and the goof I had knocking off 1 storage door..

Thanks for all the good advise here so far

2003 Sun Voagager a work in progress

Jeff

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2011, 10:09 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mine sit VERY LOW. I scraped the tow bar hitch in several parking lots. Got it stuck in my drive way and finally just removed the tow hitch all together. Still sits low I'm looking into air bag suspesion upgrade to help gain a couple of inches and improve the ride a liitle.

Conquest102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello Jeff,
I don't have any comments related to this posting from back in August. However, I just purchased an 03 Sun Voyager and wondered whatyou experience with yours has been so far.

Are there any particular problem areas i should be keying in on?
Thanks.
steve
Old 01-20-2012, 12:31 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Not sure were to start.

First few trips were great,,THEN. We started on a trip from Maryland to Florida hitting the mountains along the way. We were going from Tunica MS on our way ti Fl. when the coach stopped in the middle on the interstate in Nowere Alabama. had to be towed 50 miles to the nearest town. 2 days the mechanic tryed to start the coach. No power to the guages engine turned over but would not start. he called Gulf Stream for wiring diagrams. then while he was scratching his head out side I got under the dash wiggled the wiring harness, The guages went to normal I turned the key and it started. He got a light and mirror and found a module mounted on the back of the stearing column..got the numbers off it and called them, They insist it has nothing to do with the ignition but the connector to the module was loose..Go figure..Now I am loosing all coach power even though the batteries are fullly charged. I gave up looking and while driving it to the storage lot I heard what sounded like a solinoid closing and all power came back on..grimlens I think..The coach performs great when it runs lots of power and pretty good MPG I think We got 8 MPG on the trip towing a cavalier on a tow dolly..After I fix this current problem It will be for sale..I sincerely hope you have much better luck..If you run into anything send me a private note as I have explored every inch of this coach..

Old 01-21-2012, 07:31 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the download. It sounds like everyone's worst fear -- the gremlins that can't be found, but which are showstoppers.

If you don't mind, I might tap your experience with the 03 SV to eliminate a big learning curve.

One that is bothersome is the generator, which won't start. I put in 20 gallons of gas, hoping it was a question of the fuel line pickup not being submerged, but that didn't help.

It starts, but immediately stops. Know any way to test the oil pressure circuit?
Is it possible there is a switch inside the coach that needs to be turned on?

Thanks.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:04 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by baloo View Post
Thanks for the download. It sounds like everyone's worst fear -- the gremlins that can't be found, but which are showstoppers.

If you don't mind, I might tap your experience with the 03 SV to eliminate a big learning curve.

One that is bothersome is the generator, which won't start. I put in 20 gallons of gas, hoping it was a question of the fuel line pickup not being submerged, but that didn't help.

It starts, but immediately stops. Know any way to test the oil pressure circuit?
Is it possible there is a switch inside the coach that needs to be turned on?

Thanks.
Please start a new thread for the generator issue.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:58 AM   #7
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
millred1, at the top of your steering column there is a metal bend for the ignition wiring harness to dress through.
When you adjust your steering wheel the wiring harness will tighten and chafe across this metal bend and wear the insulation of wiring and may blow fuses, 40 amp & 30 amp, in your main chassis fuse panel on your fire wall.
I lost a 40amp and had to be towed, the wiring harness was replaced because wiring insulation burned off wires.
After it was fixed I placed a plastic wire wrap around the wires going over this bend this was back in 04 no problems since, because I do like to adjust the steering wheel.
The wiring harness has your heavy fusing for chassis engine plus ground wires in mix.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:03 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by millred1 View Post
Does anyone out there have one of these and do they all set so low. Ground clearance < 1' looking at other make coaches that set twice as high wondering if anyone bottoms out. ( I haven't yet ) We have had the unit 2 months and love it trying to get all the bugs out now seems it set for 18 months. so far new tires, shocks, Dash A/C tune up. lots of cleaning... still have 2 leaks in roof, furnase does not work and the goof I had knocking off 1 storage door..

Thanks for all the good advise here so far

2003 Sun Voagager a work in progress

Jeff
you should have way more then 1 inch clearance from the ground, you have major issues if you don't.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:05 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
you should have way more then 1 inch clearance from the ground, you have major issues if you don't.
there is a switch in the furnace that most like the other owner cut the wire to it if it was running all the time. That switch needs to be replaced. If your house batteries are not charged it won't work.... Apparently the RV dealer who was supposed to give it a good going over before you bought it, missed a few things eh?
Old 08-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
I believe if you examine the original post, you'll see it says 1' ( one foot), not 1" (one inch). I had to take a long hard look to see it myself so it's easily missed.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Also, dont think he bought it from a dealer. It DID have roof leaks. Sounds like someone else dumped thier problems on the OP, and now he's looking to dump..

millred1: You sell it yet? Whatcha asking? Have any pics to post?.. Might be interested is the price is right..
Old 08-06-2012, 06:53 PM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
It is for sale

Getting ready to sell our MH. Asking 25K. New tires, shocks, hitch and brake control. all 3 batteries.