Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2010, 11:30 AM   #1

2003 Gulfstar Independence

I've found one that I'm considering buying. Looking for input from owners or former owners. Thanks
Geezer80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2010, 01:43 PM   #2

I have a 2006 crescendo goof stream
Would never buy another goof stream, real POS
Traveler52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
I believe you mean Gulf Stream Independence. I have not owned an Independence but I have owned our Sceanic Cruiser for 10 years and am very happy with it. Gulf Stream (like many other mfg) have had good years and not so good. Continue to do your homework and if you would like for me to move this thread to the Gulf Stream Owners Forum, just say the word. I think you will be able to get a better response there.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by diveman52 View Post
I have a 2006 crescendo goof stream
Would never buy another goof stream, real POS

You are tooo! kind.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:56 PM   #5

I have an 06 GS Independence, mdl 8295...31' 3 slides.....V-10.....

I like the MH and have had no issues with it so far but keep in mind it is an entry level gas MH........I have owned it a year and put 5K miles on it so far.......I like it.....

Now GS the company is another issue altogther.......Don't expect anything, nothing, ref answers to questions you might have...No cust service whatsoever......They will not ret calls/e-mails...I even wanted to spend $1,000 on a new table/chairs from them they would not cooperate at all.......I believe they are hanging on by a thread ......

For this reason I would never buy anything form them new or on warranty.....An 03 might be fine, I got lucky on my 06....The newer ones I have heard many many issues.....My RV mech stopped handling warranty work on GS's about a year ago because they would OK the work then not pay him....

Steve and Liz
Fallbrook, Ca
sd1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:12 AM   #6

Thanks to all of you for your responses. I passed on the Gulfstream. I will continue to look. We're attending our first ever RV show this weekend. I'm sure it will be an educational experience.
Geezer80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:22 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Take your time, do your homework and knowing how you will use the coach, will be your best friend.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:11 PM   #8

I've owned one GS and will never own another. If you want customer service, go to Tiffin. I did and am glad I did.

RJ
RJEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:19 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJEV View Post
I've owned one GS and will never own another. If you want customer service, go to Tiffin. I did and am glad I did.

RJ
I will vouch for Tiffin having excellent customer service. Bob Tiffin has called me a couple of times to take care of a customer in a campground for him. When they built their first chassis, and when we got delivery he called and ask me to check it out and call him back with any comments or suggest ways to improve the coach. I did.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:54 AM   #10

I bought a 2002 GS IND. and other than the normal stuff associate with RVs i have been very satisfied.
Donaldb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:15 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldb View Post
I bought a 2002 GS IND. and other than the normal stuff associate with RVs i have been very satisfied.
Hello Donald and . We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy the website and forums. You might like to join the Gulf Stream Owner's Forum - iRV2 Forums also. Good luck, stay safe and keep us posted.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:19 PM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyringo View Post
I've found one that I'm considering buying. Looking for input from owners or former owners. Thanks
I purchased an 2005 Endura Super C...all diesel coach...had it 5 months and took a beating but got rid of it for a Newmar because it was such a P O S. No help from the factory for 5 months and then poor work so traded it while they were done patching it up.

8.1 Workhorse w/UltraPower,Taylor 409 plug wires,AC Delco 41-993 Plugs and OEM Engineering Fuel Filter Adaper
stubeje is offline   Reply With Quote