Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-28-2013, 01:47 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 23
2003 Gulfstream Sun Voyager , Slides don't work and levelers stopped at same time

I have a 2003 Gulfstream Sun Voyager with two slides. The slides were out and wouldn't come back in also after I pulled the levelers up they wouldn't go back down. I've been looking for repair info for about 2 years now. Any help would be appreciated, becasue Gulfstream won't help you they just send you to a dealer, which will cost you and arm and a leg.
__________________

__________________
LogansPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2013, 04:23 AM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 307
I'd start by looking for electrical problems, ie, fuse, chaffed wire, broken connector, etc. I suppose all these things are hydraulic. Is there only one pump or multiple pumps?
__________________

__________________
malexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:37 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Barbaraok's Avatar
 
Alpine Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Traveling in North America
Posts: 1,445
So the slide has been out and the levelers up for two years?

Both of those are dependent upon having GOOD batteries in place. That is the first place to start.
Barb
__________________
Barbara & David O'Keeffe
Figment II (Alpine 2002 36 MDDS)
On The Road since 2006
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Gainesville, GA
Posts: 38
For the slides, check to see if you have a switch under your driver's seat. Many Gulfstreams, including mine, have a switch that only allows current through if the seat is slid forward. This is to prevent the slide from hitting the seat.

The switch, in my opinion, is worthless as I've hit my seat with the slide even with a working switch. My switch got flaky so I bypassed it.
__________________
Confusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:48 PM   #5
Member
 
Ripperfarms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Morton IL
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
I have a 2003 Gulfstream Sun Voyager with two slides. The slides were out and wouldn't come back in also after I pulled the levelers up they wouldn't go back down. I've been looking for repair info for about 2 years now. Any help would be appreciated, becasue Gulfstream won't help you they just send you to a dealer, which will cost you and arm and a leg.
I saw another post like this somewhere and he said his problem was solved by adding fluid to the hydraulic fluid tank. You might want to check your hydraulic fluid tank level. I have a 99 Winnebago and mine is back by the radiator.
__________________
Dave in Illinois
Ripperfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:59 AM   #6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 307
I found that my slides & levelers won't work if the parking brake isn't fully set.
__________________
malexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #7
Member
 
Ripperfarms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Morton IL
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by malexander View Post
I found that my slides & levelers won't work if the parking brake isn't fully set.

AWESOME.....what a easy fix.............


Maybe it will work for Loganspapa
__________________
Dave in Illinois
Ripperfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Koop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Full Timing
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confusion View Post
For the slides, check to see if you have a switch under your driver's seat. Many Gulfstreams, including mine, have a switch that only allows current through if the seat is slid forward. This is to prevent the slide from hitting the seat.

The switch, in my opinion, is worthless as I've hit my seat with the slide even with a working switch. My switch got flaky so I bypassed it.
+1. I bypassed mine also.
__________________

__________________
Mike
2003 Alpine Coach 40MDTS - 400HP Cummins ISL
Can Am Spyder Roadster
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gulfstream, levelers, slide



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.