Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2015, 10:00 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
2003 Monaco Dynasty 42 Regal

We are thinking of upgrading for more room, since we are full timin'. This unit is for sale very close to home.

Does anyone here have any experience with a MH this length?

Presently we are in a 34' HR Neptune. It's a nice unit, but we are finding out it's rather cramped for us, the dogs, and all the knitting/sewing/embroidery stuff that me and the DW play with.

Low NADA book without any options is around $85K.

Thanks for any input,eh?

Click Here

Brad
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2015, 10:27 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Looks like a good coach at a fair price.
Real good price.
TMan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:35 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yep, l would certainly take a look. Listing says $75,000 now.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 05:59 AM   #4

I have a 42ft Safari Panther (same as Dynasty with larger engine) and I love it. I have never found a spot I couldn't get in to you just have to let them know your size. I am not into state parks or small camp ground spaces and I don't usually boondocks although I am fully capable of it. It's a super strong and well built motorhome. They call the chassis the BMW of motorhomes. Recently took it on a road with many sharp twists and turns near Yosemite and it rode like a dream even pulling a 23 ft trailer. Good luck on your new motorhome. You will love it.
Steve

Steve and Jill
2005 Panther
23' Trailer
slemnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 12:15 PM   #5

I called him this morning. The clearcoat is peeling off, hence the lower price. We're going to look at it tonight. I ll take some pics of everything. He is replacing the coach batteries tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:39 PM   #6

We looked at it tonight. It is not perfect,,but it has been maintained well. There are two scratches on the back from a mishap with a car dolly. No problem. There is normal wear on the inside. The carpeting on the slideout is a bit fuzzy, there is a crack in the countertop by the cooktop. I didn't give it a very close looking at because lack of sunlight. He is the original owner.

There are new tires all around except for the tag axle. New coach batteries in the next few days will be installed. The only big minus is the clearcoat peeling on the side from summers in AZ. I think if one was to spend around $5K on repairing that, the coach would be worth much,much more than the 80K investment.

He changed oil once a year, so that would be about every 6K mi. 3 out of 4 slideout canopy matierals have been changed. The carpeting is gone and replaced with ceramic tile. The remote TV swinging down from the ceiling is awesome!

We are awaiting the installation of the new coach batteries, and then will go take it for a spin.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:22 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I'd buy it for that price. The clear coat can be replaced and you'd still be under wholesale. These are great coaches. If you don't like it you could turn it and make a little money in deal.
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:34 PM   #8

I shopped for months when we bought our 2003 Monaco Windsor this spring. Never saw a Dynasty anywhere close to that price in any condition.

We are very pleased with our Windsor and the Dynasty is step up with the Tag and Aqua Hot. The 42 is only 1 foot longer then the 40 in actual length.
racertom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:42 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
This looks like a decent coach for the money, if it has been taken care of that's even better. Relatively low miles for the year, the 400HP Cummins is a good power plant.

Clear coat can be fixed, I would call around and get an idea of the cost as $5K doesn't buy you much these days.

The Dynasty is great coach, we own a 2002 Windsor which is 1 step below the Dynasty. Lots of bells and whistles to make it a great coach to full time in.

Check the radiator for corrosion, I've read of several coaches with failed radiators in that year vintage.

Good luck
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:38 PM   #10

Isn't their a wrist pin issue with the 400 cummins in this year range?
dadej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadej View Post
Isn't their a wrist pin issue with the 400 cummins in this year range?

That issue was ISLs built in late '05 to early '06.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 06:25 PM   #12

Have a 03 dynasty 42 regal replaced the notsocold, took out the table and J couch and put in recliner love seat and free standing table Aquahot has been expensive to keep maintained and works wonderful but not cheap.

Would not trade for most I have seen Same issue with clear coat and might get it fixed this winter in tx
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 06:33 AM   #13

had a 2003 dynasty barrons - beautiful and timeless - but it rode like a tank-at least mine did- spent a ton of money and frustration to try and smooth it out- so bad we sold it.
but maybe I am just to picky... lol
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:38 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
had a 2003 dynasty barrons - beautiful and timeless - but it rode like a tank-at least mine did- spent a ton of money and frustration to try and smooth it out- so bad we sold it.
but maybe I am just to picky... lol

That was the period of time that Monaco was using a shock that was too stiff. Since then Source Engineering has developed a shock valved specifically for coach weights. Many owners like the Koni shock also.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco