Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-03-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
2003 Pace Arrow 37A

I am about to buy a 2003 pace Arrow. I like the floor plan and the workhorse engin. I have only owned 5 wheels in the past. Can anyone tell me any thing negative about this particular model ,or what I can expect in the future?

hogride is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2010, 09:42 AM   #2
National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
pace arrow 37a

I have owned the same rig for 2 years now. I am going to trade it in and upgrade. This has been a great unit, I love the G.M.8.1 engine.
A little advice, Keep extra fuel filters on hand. I have had a few issues with power loss and dying out, I think I have figured out it is the gunk that forms in the fuel tank from the ethanol in the gas. I found a product in the Florida keys that the boaters use to break up the gunk and clean the fuel system, no problems since I started using it. It is called Soltron. Made a huge difference on performance. I also installed the Banks air intake and that made a huge difference too.
Check to see if the recall had been done on the brakes and make sure you register yourself as the new owner on the Workhorse web site.

bldr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:22 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Great engine and transmission, but read the numerous threads in the Workhorse Chassis forum concerning problems with the brakes on the Wxx series chassis. Workhorse finally has a fix (they say), so make sure the free recall repairs have been done on any Workhorse W20/W22 chassis you intend to buy. Make it a condition of the sale.

We had a 2002 W22 chassis under a Dolphin LX and it was an excellent one. A friend had a 2003 Pace 37' such as you are considering and his has been a good coach as well.
Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:44 PM   #4
Pace Arrow 2002

I do have a 2002 Pace Arrow 37B since that year and I am very happy with it everything works great handle nice good miles with the 8.1 but check the engine air flowto the carb, it is restricted, it will give you better miles per galon, and about the Workhorse as long that you has the recall done, tried not to work with the Workhorse dealers they are ripoff service dealers. Other than that have fun and enjoy every trip.

dinkie0720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:05 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I can think of one negative, though it may already have been corrected. The WFCO converter/charger used in those coaches tend to die early, perhaps in as little as 3-4 years. If it hasn't already been replaced, you may be in the market for a new one (about $200, plus labor). Not a big deal and easy enough to do yourself.
Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:04 PM   #6
Workhorse Chassis Owner
if that rig has the W24 chassis, then the brake recall is a non issue...
2011 Ford F250 Lariat C/C 6.7 PSD-Curt 20k Lb Hitch
2013 Infinity 3860MS 5'er
2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara/U.S. Navy 1978-1986
txdutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #7
I am looking at a Pace Arrow 2001 37S. It has a Ford Chassis but am trying to find out which one. Did the chassis change during one of the model years? Can anyone tell me?

Am also trying to find a signal booster for my Droid Samsung Facinate as I tether my computer to it during travel, and sometimes have trouble, also dropped calls while in the rig.
elsjag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:59 PM   #8
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi elsjag, and welcome to IRV2!

Ford changed the f53 chassis in 1999. The Pace Arrow you're looking at should have the V-10 engine and higher GVWR. 1997 was the last year Ford used the V-8.

For your cell phone question try searching the Technology, Internet, Satelite, Cell phones category. Use the "search this forum" menu near the right top area, just to the right of where it says "Threads in this Forum" If you don't see an answer to your question, go ahead and post your question there.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote