Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2015, 06:01 PM   #1

Wink 2004 Brave

I am super excited about my find and thought I would share with this amazing forum Although I am pretty sure I found an AWESOME deal - I would like some opinions.

The dealership I found usually deals in newer, much nicer RV's than I was looking for - but I stopped in anyways. I had been to 3-4 dealers before and have done tons of looking online. I actually almost drove past it - but had a sudden urge to go check it out, so I did. I drove around the lot a little and saw only a few "older" motorhomes - but figured I should talk to a sales associate anyways.

The salesman I talked to was very friendly (as they all are of course) and we started chatting. I let him know what I was looking for (something around $25000) and what my plans where. We instantly connected because he said he has a daughter who has the same idea... Be a gypsy and see the world haha. As he started through the inventory he was sad to inform me that he didn't have anything in my price range - the closest being in the $40,000. I was semi disappointed but curious also - because the few older RV's I saw definitely didn't look like they should be priced that high. I asked him specifically about the Brave I saw out on the lot. He was shocked and told me he forgot about it because it was very new to their lot (traded in within the last week.) So we went to check it out.

The RV is a 32V with two slides - VERY clean (as you can see in the pics.) It only has 30,000 miles on it and the owners before hand took very good care of it. The only thing it needs at the moment is tires, and the salesman said he would throw in new ones with the deal (awesome!)

The RV's NADA value is 33,500 (low) and 39,500 (high)... I left the dealership knowing this and thinking it was still to far out of my price range. 30 minutes later he called me and told me he was moved by my story (seeing that he had a daughter with the same idea) and that he wanted to hook me up with this RV for 28,900! Including the new tires.

At the end of the day I feel like everything kind of fell into place. I am a firm believer in "everything happens for a reason." -- There is a reason I was going to pass the dealership, but didn't. I met this specific salesman - because he could relate and feel "sympathy" for my situation haha... And he was able to negotiate a price that I was comfortable with. All these things lead me to believe that this RV is the one meant for me.

I know it kind of sounds to good to be true - but I think I found a salesman with a big heart and I fit the right criteria as someone he would like to help out, instead of get a bunch of money out of. He had also just sold an RV for $300,000 earlier that day - so I think he was feeling extra generous. The RV is immaculate inside and out, and I am very excited to see how everything works out.

Please let me know any experiences you have with the Brave series - and any comments/critiques/etc are welcome! I am very excited to be joining you all in the RVing lifestyle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3045.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	96137   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3036.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	96138  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3028.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	96139   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3038.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	96140  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2015, 06:02 PM   #2

Not sure why the pictures are sideways... I do apologize

Old 06-03-2015, 07:03 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It does appear to be in good shape from the pictures.

Is it on a Ford or Workhorse chassis?
Old 06-03-2015, 07:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfpgb View Post
It does appear to be in good shape from the pictures.

Is it on a Ford or Workhorse chassis?
It is a Ford
Old 06-03-2015, 08:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyYears View Post
It is a Ford
GypsyYears,
Congrats on your new purchase. It's always nice to feel good about something like this (except for the "sometimes" buyers remorse" that sets in directly afterwords). I hope you have a great time in your knew coach. And speaking of that, while you're most likely itching to get out and use it, do yourself a favor and, LEARN your new coach! That is, take some time and, learn as much as you can about your electrical systems.

Learn about the charging system while the engine is running and, what's involved. Learn about the charging system when plugged into shore power and, also what's involved. Learn where components are such as your "Converter/Charger" are and, any possible small "Inverters" (on Gas coaches those small inverters normally just power up the TV/VCR etc. in that area).

Then, get your coach loaded to the point of travel. That is, load it with everything you're planning on taking on any given trip. Then, when loaded, take it down to a local set of scales. Get the front axle weight, the rear axle weight and the combined total weight. Once you've got those ACTUAL weights, then go to the website of your particular tires manufacturer and see what they dictate for the pressure in your tires, based on your weights.

When you do that, you'll get the best possible ride you can out of that Ford Chassis. Ford Chassis' are known for a bit of a harsh ride. So, anything you can do that is simple, will improve that ride.

Also, check out the engine/belts/hoses/clamps/air cleaner/last oil and filter change date and mileage/fuel filter change date and mileage etc.

You see, the more you know about your coach when you light-out for a trip, the more you're prepared for a possible break-down or issue, if any should arise. Good luck and have a great time.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:52 PM   #6

It's actually a 30W, by the way.

Somewhat similar to our 2004 Adventurer 31Y. I'm sure you'll love it.

Winnebago has great support. Have you explored the resources section at their website? Diagrams, brochures, tons there.

Winnebagoind resources

2004 Brave brochure

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
GypsyYears,
Congrats on your new purchase. It's always nice to feel good about something like this (except for the "sometimes" buyers remorse" that sets in directly afterwords). I hope you have a great time in your knew coach. And speaking of that, while you're most likely itching to get out and use it, do yourself a favor and, LEARN your new coach! That is, take some time and, learn as much as you can about your electrical systems.

Learn about the charging system while the engine is running and, what's involved. Learn about the charging system when plugged into shore power and, also what's involved. Learn where components are such as your "Converter/Charger" are and, any possible small "Inverters" (on Gas coaches those small inverters normally just power up the TV/VCR etc. in that area).

Then, get your coach loaded to the point of travel. That is, load it with everything you're planning on taking on any given trip. Then, when loaded, take it down to a local set of scales. Get the front axle weight, the rear axle weight and the combined total weight. Once you've got those ACTUAL weights, then go to the website of your particular tires manufacturer and see what they dictate for the pressure in your tires, based on your weights.

When you do that, you'll get the best possible ride you can out of that Ford Chassis. Ford Chassis' are known for a bit of a harsh ride. So, anything you can do that is simple, will improve that ride.

Also, check out the engine/belts/hoses/clamps/air cleaner/last oil and filter change date and mileage/fuel filter change date and mileage etc.

You see, the more you know about your coach when you light-out for a trip, the more you're prepared for a possible break-down or issue, if any should arise. Good luck and have a great time.
Scott
Scott,

Thank you so much! I will definitely take the time to learn the coach. The salesman did say they do a pretty good look over the vehicle to see if anything is wrong - but I would also like to find a good RV tech in my area and have him show me some of the stuff I need to know and if anything needs to be done to it.

Thanks for the information about getting the weight checked and the tire pressure - I appreciate it!

I am super excited and honestly cant wait to learn more about my RV.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
It's actually a 30W, by the way.

Somewhat similar to our 2004 Adventurer 31Y. I'm sure you'll love it.

Winnebago has great support. Have you explored the resources section at their website? Diagrams, brochures, tons there.

Winnebagoind resources

2004 Brave brochure
Hi Yeah I realized that after I posted this looking at the brochure and spec's of the RV I looked at the lot. For some reason I had it in my head it was the V (thanks for clarifying though.) I have started exploring their website with the brochures and stuff - learning more about the RV before I FULLY commit to it.. Although I do believe I've found my new home.

Happy travels
Old 06-04-2015, 09:38 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
As with any vehicle, IMO I recommend having it checked out by an independent mechanic BEFORE you buy it. And believe what the salesman says with s grain of salt. It may look great but what you can'tsee can co$t you.
austx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:43 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by austx View Post
As with any vehicle, IMO I recommend having it checked out by an independent mechanic BEFORE you buy it. And believe what the salesman says with s grain of salt. It may look great but what you can'tsee can co$t you.
Very true. I will look into RV mechanics today thanks!

Tags
brave