Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Opinions of the 2004 Coachmen CC
It's reliable... 1 100.00%
Has it's share of issues... 0 0%
Not worth the money... 0 0%
Will give years of service... 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2016, 10:55 AM   #1

2004 Coachmen Cross Country...

Looking at this RV as my 2nd and probably last. It's a 37 foot, single slide Class A with 55,000 miles on the Cummins 300HP diesel. The vinyl stripes in the front are breaking up and there's some fading here and there but not too bad. No body damage anywhere.

Engine runs great, as does the genset. Chassis is a Freightliner. Interior needs some sprucing up but there's no evidence of water damage or similar issues. Ceiling is clean and in excellent condition. The slide does not have a topper but it all looks good up there. Clean. Rubbers are lively.

What are everyones thoughts on this rig? Any opinions good or bad?

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : http://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2016, 07:24 PM   #2

Looks like my initial response was lost - so if a similar post from me shows up that is why.

I have two thoughts.

You already are familiar with diesel pushers and the freightliner chassis used by coachmen is pretty standard. Thus you should be able to evaluate it easily enough.

The second is the house part. Again you are familiar with what too look at. I had looked at a coachmen of about the same year a few months ago. The dealer list was above high retail due to low mileage so I was not that interested. I did notice an evidence of a leak on the bottom of the wall by the slide behind the drivers seat. So that also deterred me.

Since you already have an rv and know what to look for and how to fix things I say go for it if it meets your budget and the basics check out.

Mike

Old 01-17-2016, 07:41 PM   #3

I have a 2007 Crosscountry similar to what you described. I purchased new in 2007 and have had very few problems. I installed an awning above the slide to keep trash off. Overall pleased with the coach.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:15 AM   #4

Sage advice, Mike. You are right of course, I should listen to my own experience first unless I run into something I'm not familiar with. Thanks.

Good info, Darwin, again, thanks.

Old 01-26-2016, 11:10 AM   #5

Well, that deal fell through, I think he got cold feet when he realized he wasn't asking enough for it. Book is $48K or so.

That gave me a reason to look further afield and I found a couple year newer Coachmen CC below book.

It's a good thing that I can't hardly find any complaints about the Coachmen rigs when I search forums for problems. Hopefully, that means they are reliable.

Told the seller I'd take it, depending upon inspection, so I might have a newer RV in a couple days. Yea!

Tags
coachmen