Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #1

2004 Condor Auto-Park Nightmare- Help

Hello;

My name is John Farrow, I own a 2004 Condor- With that dumb Auto-Park system. I had't had any issue till approx 2 years ago- The brake would release sometimes and not others. I brought it to a shop- 1,500 dollars later- They said the replaced the pump and the switch. Now 2 years later- I was driving down to Florida. I stop for the night and noticed oil type fluid all down the read passanger side of the motorhome. I called road-side and they found the wheel axle bolts were all loose. They tightened them up- ( Lost some Fluid ) I didn't think this had anything to do with it but I wanted you to have the whole story. When I went to release the Auto-Brake- Nothing-- No pump running- Nothing- I pulled the linkage under the home- Just so I could get it back to new york--- Yea never made it to florida. Since then I have checked the Fluid ( It is full and Red ) I then ran power right to the pump- It dows turn on- I disconnected the lines right at the pump and turn it on-- fluid sprayed out. I followed the lines back to the drive shaft area and found a big Black cylinder- I can feel the tube vibrating at the back of this unit with the pump running, But nothing is happening with this unit-- Even with the pump running I can't move the linkage.

Help please-

This unit is going to put me in Debt-- before I am done

Thanks John Farrow

johnfarrow@Optonline.net
JohnFarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
John-

You need to contact oldusedbear ASAP. He is the resident expert on irv2 for the auto park system you have.

He recently lost his wife to alzheimer's. He hangs out on the "Workhorse Chassis" forum.

I'd send him a PM (private message) and get his phone number so that you can call him with all the details he needs.

Good luck,
Old 03-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #3

On the MH-General Discussions & Problems section of this forum you can see what I did with mine.

Best regards, Jack
the_dieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #4

as Max posted...you need Roger, aka OldUsedear. Send him an email to start the process: oldusedbear11@charter.net His FREE advice will help you fix it right and save you lots of $$. Good luck, and WELCOME to iRV2.com
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There is also one other suggestion. I hesitate to suggest it because it puts on you a job that is normally done automatically. (and not just on your type of rig)

But there is a thread here about conversion of an auto-park to a manual-park system. Check it out and talk it over with olduserbear.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #6

Hi John, I am having the same auto park issue and not 20 minutes ago found a bad auto park relay...
I have the same motor home, You might want to check that relay on yours. Mine, thankfully died in the driveway after a weekend out. How's that for luck?. If you look at the tangled rats nest of wire harness all zip tied together around that pump you should find a relay hanging out there at the end of one of them. The part number on the relay is 12177238 which I just ordered on eBay cheap. To confirm it was the relay bad I pulled it, had the wife put the mh in gear and I jumped out the 2 LARGE terminals in the socket. The pump took off just fine. I could feel the relay click when power applied to the small terminals but no continuity between the large ones.
Hope it is same problem for you! Twenty bucks on eBay should fix it.
Good luck.
Derek
ddev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #7

Thanks for all the ideas. I got it touch with Oldusedbear. We are working on it. Replaced that relay already-- still not happening.. It seems as if i am not getting power to the relay. I shorted the pump sides and wow the pump runs-- But the relay is not changing state.. We shall see--

Thanks again
Old 03-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #8

Does anybody know where this Internal fuse box may be-- Having a big issue finding it.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
I had a couple of motorhomes that had what sounds like your description of the brake not releasing when the pump came on. In my case the brake had set while driving, just enough for the brake to drag and melt the plastic inner sleeve of the brake cable. when they shut off the engine the brake set and the plastic cooled and froze the cable. Take the cable end off the cylinder and see if the pump will cause the cylinder to pull in. If it moves the problem is a frozen brake cable.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #10

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFarrow View Post
Does anybody know where this Internal fuse box may be-- Having a big issue finding it.
Found it John!
It's located below the controls for the leveling jacks, mirrors etc. There is a 4"x4" access cover at knee level on the side of your left knee as you sit in the drivers seat. The elusive internal fuse block resides behind the cover! Hope the answer is a bad fuse. If you don't have the book, auto park fuse is second row from the left, second fuse from the top, blue 15 amp.
Good luck, Derek
ddev is offline   Reply With Quote