Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-18-2015, 12:14 PM   #1
2005 Country Coach Allure 470 Quad 37'

I am looking at a 2005 CC Allure 470 Quad 37'and need some member input on the model, the good, the bad, the etc. I have researched as much as I can find on the internet but have been unable to find model brochures or any reviews or specs. The coach is not local so cannot look at it in person but have been told it is in excellent condition, stored indoors, with about 40,000 miles on it. It sounds like it will need tires and house batteries and wonder what the recommendations are for those items and cost estimates. Tire size, and make? It has Toyos on it now and I believe they are original rubber. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

cspieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2015, 03:02 PM   #2
Model History | Damon Rapozo

Damon Rapozo's site has some by year model info on CC.

In general, the Allures are a good bank for the buck. I own an 04 Allure High Cascade 40', and was steered to the Allure and Intrigue models as being the sweet spot for CC in these years. The veteran CC salesman, an honest nice professional - they do exist - said he described the Allure as the entry level into the upper range of the CC line up. With most of the good things from the mechanical side, say vs the Tribute and Inspire (Both also fine coaches, but built and component wise targeting a different entry price point.) He pointed out the Hydro Hot, Heated Tile Floors, Tag, many of the same materials used in the Intrigue on up. He also pointe out that both the Allure and Intrigue met one of our 'wants', of less glitz.

Things to check for are side radiator (Some were shipped with radiators that could have failures. Though some school of thoughts are that if they have not failed by now, they maybe good for the long haul. Search on how to tell the difference on the CC Owner group.), and some CC's came with a dry Power Take Off (PTO). These can either be very carefully maintained/lubricated, and or, modified with what is called the 'wet kit'. I can't say for sure that the CAT C9 engines, which i suspect is in that coach, have dry PTO's or not. Believe I read that they can. And note, our 04 Allure had a non suspect radiator and did not have any power take off at all - so, coach year and model and options can make a difference.

Other then that, normal check of tire and battery age, as well as documentation of good care.

You can also post a question, or have this moved by a moderator, to the CC Owner forum, probably get more input from that gang.

And best of luck to you,

Roo II is our 04 Country Coach Allure 40'
OnDRoad for The JRNY! Enjoy life...
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 03:48 PM   #3
We had a 2005 CC Allure 470 Quad 37 400 ISL Cummins you could not throw enough money at it,radiator leaked, steering bracket broke, speed sensor in trans went bad, changed to wet pump "noisie "gen. over heated,hot water heater replaced ,jake brake repaired, jamo sound system failed, that is a short list that with only 32,000 mi.I believe that they could not build them fast enough in 2005 so just thru them together with any parts they could get from LOW BIDDER thats my IMHO. pay someone to do a detail look at the MH It will be money well spent.
Ron & Jeanne 2004 34'FDDS 400 ILS- 2012 Wrangler Las Vegas,NV
shorty50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 10:24 PM   #4
Country Coach Owners Club
radiator leaked, Might be considered a CC problem
steering bracket broke CC problem
speed sensor in trans went bad, Allison problem, could happen to any coach
changed to wet pump Not really a CC problem other than ordering the wrong engine option
"noisie "gen. over heated, Not a CC problem, Onan problem
hot water heater replaced Again not a CC problem
jake brake repaired Not CC problem
jamo sound system failed, Not CC problem

I can see possibly two problems that could be related to CC themselves. Other problems could occur an any other motorhome
2002 Country Coach Intrigue
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 06:18 AM   #5
05 Allure 37' update and market value?

This coach has roughly 46,000 miles on it and still has the original Toyo tires on it. Also, the house batteries are the original. From everything I have read online, tires should be replaced at about 6 yrs or so despite lots of tread remaining. It would seem that 10 year old batteries would be well beyond their reliability as well. Taking those things into consideration and assuming all other maintenance and or issues have been addressed, any thoughts on value for the coach?
cspieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 06:30 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
No question that the tires are aged out and you should budget about $6K for 8 new tires, or negotiate a comparable price reduction if you get that far. I would also want new batteries, both chassis and house.

If you cannot see the coach yourself and crawl in, under and through it, I would surely recommend you find a reliable inspector to check it out for you. If the coach is on the West coast, Kevin Waite in Junction City, OR is highly recommended. Kevin travels to do inspections.

The key is maintenance. Can the seller provide evidence that the coach was properly maintained (engine, trans, filters, air dryer, generator). If the coach otherwise checks out but there is no written record of required maintenance, you should plan on $2,500 - $3,000 easily to get everything where it should be (in terms of fluids, filters, belts, air dryer service, etc.). If it is a CAT engine, CAT recommended a valve lash adjustment at about 40K miles.

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote