Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-07-2015, 08:15 PM   #1
Damon Owners Club
2005 Damon Daybreak 3272 - Comments??

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a 2005 Damon Daybreak 3272 on a Ford chassis & v10. I have a National Sea View on the same chassis. I'm pleased about the Ford part - I've had great service from this one, but know nothing about the reputation/reliability of Damon.

I learned the hard way that Nationals have problems with windshield stress cracks and don' want to learn something new about Damon in the same stressful (pun intended) way. Any insight out there about Damon?

2005 Damon Daybreak F53 Chassis w/V10

Mennoted is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2015, 12:05 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Damon was a major mid-market level RV builder that was acquired and became a big piece of what is now Thor Motor Coach. For info from the factory, there are resources here:
Motorhome Owners Links Thor Motor Coach

The Daybreak was one of their best selling model lines with several floor plans available in 2005. The 2007 version of the Daybreak 3276 was modified to create the Outlaw Class A Toy Hauler.
The Daybreak continues to be a very popular model line...made up to and including 2014 (reportedly discontinued for 2015).

For any RV that is 10 years old, it is imparitive that the coach be check fully by a knowledgable person. The time passed and care over the years is much more important to the current quality of the coach than anything else.

Best luck

Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), '07 Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 02:33 AM   #3
I own an 06 Daybreak 3276. It has been great so far. Biggest problem to date was the False Overheat TSB from Ford. It was fixed under warranty. On the house side, I have had to replace the battery, and the isolator relay. I replaced the cooling coils in the fridge and many minor repairs. This motor home has held up well over the years. Shopping for new tires right now. My graphics are toast too.i would recommend this brand, as was pointed out, in a coach that is this old you need to check it out thoroughly.

Good luck,
2006 Damon Daybreak 3272 w/F-53 @ V10
Redapple is offline   Reply With Quote