Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #1

2006 Beaver Patriot Thunder

I caught wind of a 2006 43' Beaver Patriot Thunder for sale. Original owner, 30,000 miles +/-, upgraded tile floors, non smoker, loaded. I am seriously thinking of looking at this to replace my 2002 American Eagle 40'. Asking price is only 169K. Sounds like a lot of coach for the money...this thing is loaded and in great shape. What am I missing?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
What engine?
During that time period, Cat C-7 was a nightmare. Check this forum under Cat Engines, very informative.
NOT TO SAY all Cats are bad, they are not, just check it out...
free-to-roam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #3

The Patriot Thunder comes with the C13. Good engine, it has served me well. Lots of power, towing a Suburban I get about 7.5 miles per gallon driving in the Rockies.

You will probably need new rubber unless it has been replaced.

New it was probably about $350k new (that was the sticker that was on mine), so the price is not unreasonable. I paid $150k for mine in 2009, but it has some issues I knew about.

Support from Monaco is no worse than for any of their other coaches, they have all the technical information on your coach.

Drive it, inspect it, try everything, and if you like it, buy it.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I'm with distaff. The price is the right ballpark, so due the usual "due diligence" and if it meets your needs and is in decent shape, go for it.

A 6 year old coach very likely has original rubber, so figure tire replacement in the near future into your price offer.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beaver