Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2011, 11:15 AM   #1
Ira

2006 Four Winds Hurricane

I am new to iRV2 and new to the 2006 Hurricane, but I have been RVing since 1999. I had a 1994 Bounder and put over 100,000 miles on it including a 4 month 12,000 milke trip to Alaska that we loved. I just bought the Hurricane a couple of months ago and have lots of questions about it that is not in the owners manual. I can't even seem to find who manufactured this RV. When I go to Four Winds or Thor and seach for literature for a Hurricane the list jumps from year 2000 to 2008. There doesn't seem to be a gravity fill for the fresh water so how do I add fresh water treatment to the tank? What size are the Black & Gray water tanks? I used to go ten days on the Bounder between dumping tanks. We wash dishes in a dishpan and throw it out and take showers at the campground shower room but doing the same thing in the Hurricane the tanks were full in four days. The slides will hardly move in or out untill they have been operated a time or two. I want to chech the hydraulic fluid as the whole unit is wet and may be low but what kind of fluid is required and how full should it be? Do the jacks use the same pump as the slides?
I will appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Thanks,

Ira Watts

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2011, 12:39 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This may be an answer to one of your questions about water treatment. Connect the water hose to your "filll" connection, then pour the correct amount of bleach into the other end of the hose, connect that end to the fresh water source and turn it on. The water flushes the bleach into the tank. That's the way I do mine. Rook

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:43 PM   #3

First +1 on putting bleach in the fill hose. Works for me too. Hurricanes are built by Thor. As for the tank sizes it would help to know what model that you have. My 32R has a 65 gal fresh water tank, 44 gal black, and 50 gal gray tank. If you have HWH slides and jacks you only have one pump for all. You can use Dexron ATF for the pump. The fill cap on top of the pump tank should have a built in dipstick. I'm sure you know to check the level with slides in and jacks up. Lots more info in the Thor Owners Forum at http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/
Old 12-13-2011, 06:25 PM   #4

Ira, you have many questions that are hard to answer without looking at what you have.

How about a model number?

Where did you buy it? Dealer or private?

If you are coming around the junction of I-81 and I-26, send me a message. I have a 2006 Four Winds Windsport made by the same folks as yours. I could help you go over some of your systems.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Call Thor they will answer or let you know who and how to find the info.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:02 AM   #6
Ira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
Ira, you have many questions that are hard to answer without looking at what you have.

How about a model number?

Where did you buy it? Dealer or private?

If you are coming around the junction of I-81 and I-26, send me a message. I have a 2006 Four Winds Windsport made by the same folks as yours. I could help you go over some of your systems.
Sorry. I forgot that in this post. It is a 34N
Old 12-14-2011, 08:10 AM   #7
Ira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira View Post
Sorry. I forgot that in this post. It is a 34N
I bought it from a private owner.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #8

This is my biggest complaint re: Four Winds/Thor - lack of documentation. I managed to obtain many of my diagrams but they hemmed and hawed, moaned and groaned, and basically acted like I wanted them to crap out these documents covered in gold leaf. Even when I did get documents, they were incomplete or for the wrong unit. Be persistent with them, you will get your info.

Try this link too for info:
http://www.rvguidebook.com/rvguidebo..._Hurricane.pdf
Old 12-15-2011, 05:06 AM   #9

ditto what pirate says

Tags
hurricane