Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-19-2014, 09:01 AM   #1
2006 Winnebago Journey Interior light replacement

When we purchased our Journey there was a light above the dinette that has 3 globes, kind of a track lighting. One of the globes broke and I cannot find the light fixture anywhere in the catalogs for Winnebago. There is no nomenclature on the fixture at all, no mfg name or part #. Maybe someone has the same fixture that has the mfg name on it, please help?

Alching1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2014, 09:05 AM   #2
Winnebago Owners Club
Use this an opportunity to upgrade the light. You can use just about any fixture there that you like -- it is the bulb that matters (gotta be 12volt). Take a walk down the aisles at your local lighting store and pick something fun and NEW! \ken

Ken & Deb (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, Harvest Hosts, and grateful volunteers with SOWERs)
2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/400ISL and Allison 3000MH on Freightliner's Evolution chassis, Onan QD7500, 1000w Renogy solar, BlueOx tow gear, and 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:23 PM   #3
Winnebago Owners Club
The standard fixture over the dinette in the 2006 Journey SE was like the one pictured in the attached photo. If you purchased the coach used, a previous owner may have already changed the fixture as what you describe does not sound like the fixture Winnebago put in the Journeys of that era.

Ken has a good suggestion. It might be easier to again change the fixture rather than trying to match a bulb to the other two existing ones. There are some nice LED alternatives out there now too which are of course more efficient.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5692.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	76934  
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:32 AM   #4
Photos of light fixture

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	76970This is what the light looks like, very similar to the one you posted.
Alching1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:48 PM   #5
Winnebago Owners Club
I too looked through the Winnebago parts catalog from that time period and did not find any fixture that resembled yours. I also did a search on the internet and did not find such a fixture.

I initially misread your post as I thought you were looking for the bulb but now that I know you are looking for the globe, my opinion is that it will almost be impossible to purchase just one globe that will match that fixture.

If I was in your predicament, I'd probably just replace the entire fixture.

But hopefully, somebody will chime in who has that exact fixture and can give you the manufacturer.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 01:12 PM   #6
You can go to a local lighting fixture store with the globe, and they can look through a book and pick out a fixture globe with the dimensions to fit yours. You could then purchase three of the same globes and install them, or of course as mentioned above just replace the fixture. I have replaced globes on lighting many times and have always managed to find the same or similar globes that would fit whatever fixture I had. I have managed to find the exact ones at times and other times could only find something similar, but it was far cheaper than replacing the fixture.
RHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 03:12 PM   #7
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Most of the lighting fixtures used by Winnebago are supplied by ITC. You can go to their web site and see what they have as well as download their catalog. It is a good resource book if you are looking to convert to LED lighting. Their web site is Products and has the link to download their catalog. There are a number of globes in the catalog and it is quite likely they have the one you are looking for.They also sell closeouts at on e-Bay store at Closeout

09 Journey 39Z
Southern Ontario
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote

journey, replace, replacement, winnebago