Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-10-2016, 06:50 PM   #1
2007 Damon Daybreak 3276 Thoughts?

My first post here. I have been lurking for a while and ready to pull the trigger on a Class A. This will be my first rv and sold on the bunk beds floor plan with three kids. What are your thoughts on this unit? I also am a little worried about the 50k miles on the engine is that a lot to worry about? I don't plan on going across country but don't want to have to worry about a lot of miles and wondering for if I should spend a little more for less miles? Everything inspected fine and all. Would love any opinions on this unit?

Also any other bunk bed floor plans you guys recommend for a similar age or price range used?

Thanks as always.

rhwd2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2016, 07:05 PM   #2
I would not worry about the 50k miles. It took the first owner 9 years to put them on, how long would it take you to put the second 50 on?
Love the bunks, I wish I shopped around till I found something like that. Setting up and breaking down the beds for our kid is a real pain. I like to get breakfast going early, but our dinette is use as a bed so that makes it inconvenient. Go for it.

charliej is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 08:44 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Ironically, that RV was the foundation for the Outlaw RV (first, and best selling Class A Toy Hauler in North America).

Damon's are very well made and reliable RV's, with the highest quality systems from makers like Dometic, AE, FlexSteel, Atwood, etc. that are still available for parts and repairs.

The Ford was the standard chassis. Damon offered a $5000 optional Workhorse.
I would run the RV on NADA, to confirm price...and if the engine runs smooth, the mileage is not too high and tells you that the RV didn't just sit rotting.
These are really great RV's and worth a serious look if you like the floor plan.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), '07 Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:16 AM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a Itasca Sunova 35J, VERY similar floor plan and is also on the Ford Chassis. I've got twin boys and can tell you the bunk setup is fantastic. As others have noted, not having to take down and remake dinettes/couches into beds nightly is a big plus. (It's nice to still have the living area usable after bedtime on those rainy nights as well). I just bought a few weeks ago, but we've done 2 trips and the floor plan has been really enjoyable.

The Ford Chassis/engine is a solid platform. I'd ask to see if the service records are avail, assuming the standard Maint was done that engine should have many years/miles ahead of it.

Good luck!!!!
2008 Itasca Sunova 35J "The Itascabus!"
Blastvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:02 PM   #5
We have a 2006 Damon Daybreak 3272 which we purchased New new from the Pamona RV show. Solid unit. Very happy with it. Looks like a clean RV from the pictures. If everything checks out I say go for it.

Good Luck!
2006 Damon Daybreak 3272 w/F-53 @ V10
Redapple is offline   Reply With Quote