Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #1

2007 Fleetwood Providence, pickup in 2 weeks....

Well, 2 weeks ago many of you advised us against purchasing the Ecursion we had looked at, we took the advice and passed. This evening we agreed to buy a 2007 Fleetwood Providence. We are buying from a nearby Camping World dealership. We liked this unit, it is a 39V, which is the 2 slide floorplan, one slide is 27' and then a slide for the master bed. Very open spacious floor plan.

It does have a problem, 9 of the windows are fogged up. The dealer agreed to fix all of them at their cost. There are 13 windows in the coach, the other 4 look fine. We were told Fleetwood had a problem with the 2007 units. I suppose we have some chance that the remaining 4 will give us a problem in the future.

More about the coach..........

34,000 miles

Very clean in side, very little wear or sign of use.

The dealers installing a new washer dryer as the unit does not have one.

6 Michelin tires, stamped 4812

Outside kitchen

LCD TV's inside

Entertainment area outside, picture tube TV

The outside is clean, no damage, scrathes or dents except....

The front has the stonegaurd plastic on it, and it is stained, yellowed etc. We may need to replace it.

And both front headlights are starting to fog, will need to polish them.

Dealer is servicing the engine and generator, oil change and air filer.

We hope to take delivery on the 28th. We leave on the 4th for a weeks vacation. I will have 5 days to install a trailer brake unit, and of couse load it with all are "stuff". The delay is the window repair, they outsouce that work.

L.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2013, 08:26 PM   #2

Congrats on your new coach! Maybe you should consider asking how much it would be to install the additional windows at your cost. Since its I the shop it won't be out of use as it would be at a later date.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Congratulations on your new Providence! Our 03 Excursion had some foggy windows. I had Complete Rv in Charlotte NC repair them it was a reasonable cost. We loved our Excursion a good solid coach and definitely love our new Providence. Hope you have a great vacation!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #4

Excited

Yea, we are excited.

Charlotte, wow we are 12 miles from there in Rick Hill. I actualy work in Charlotte.

The dealer is having the work done in Greensboro. He says "$600 a window, which sounds high to me. Can't imagine why it would be so high.

I thought about getting them to do the other 4 windows, but I decided why fix what isn't broken. If they go bad, I will find somewhere to fix them.

L.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:01 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to TurtleKent
Suncoast Designers, in the Tampa area, does them for more like $200 apiece. The savings would more than pay for a nice vacation in FLorida.
TurtleKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:21 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congrats on the Providence; sounds like a great coach. We're going to need to see some pics when you pick it up!

And I agree that $600 a window sounds a little ridiculous. I think the dealer was padding that just a tad!

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:31 AM   #7

Congrats glad you like,just to let you know that stone guard plastic as you say if it's factory it's diamond shield and not very easy to replace I would try plast-x something like that and try to clean.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:06 AM   #8

$600 is definitely steep! There was a thread earlier in the week where a company removes the windows and buffs them out. It sounded affordable.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #9
AGP

Monaco Owners Club
Congrats on your new rig. I owned a 2006 Providence had it for 5 years bought it new. The wife and I loved the unit. Did have most of the windows fog up on mine also. Had no major problems with the rig just the usual shakedown bugs here and there. Good luck with your rig.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congrats on your Providence. I love the lines of the ‘07!

Your windows were not manufactured by Fleetwood, they were made by a company called Se-Gi. We replaced every window in our coach within two years of buying it. Luckily, I had a friend back then that managed the now-closed Fleetwood plant in Riverside CA, and he was able to get me all of the replacement windows for free. I just had to pay for the labor and return the defective windows to the Se-Gi warehouse in Norco CA. Sure wish that Riverside plant was still open...it was a fantastic connection for parts!

I’m sure you’ll love your Providence as much as we love our’s. I get a lot of use out of my outside kitchenette, one of the best options they have ever had.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #11

We have a 2007 Fleetwood Excursion which is the same as the Providence except for the windshield.

I HIGHLY recommend getting a tire pressure monitoring system. I don't market them. I have the Pressure Pro system and in the 6 years we have had the coach, it has saved us 3 times. Twice on our tow vehicle and once on the coach itself. Every time it was a nail. Once was on the ALCAN highway. Makes the daily preflight very easy and instantly tells me what tire.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:36 AM   #12

Got one

I have the same system. Used it on my Super Duty and our Tri Axle 5th. We intend to tow a 20' trailer behind ours. Has the Pressure Pro worked for you without the optional remote antenna?

Concerned that the trailer tires will be so far away from the unit, signal strenght will be an issue?

I do intend to use it. Have had the same expirence, once with a bad valve stem after getting new tires installed on the 5'er. Then the other time with a nail. Before buying the pressure pro we lost a tire on the trailer, didn't know it and the tire did $1,400 dmage to the side of the trailer.

L.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
I have the same system. Used it on my Super Duty and our Tri Axle 5th. We intend to tow a 20' trailer behind ours. Has the Pressure Pro worked for you without the optional remote antenna?

Concerned that the trailer tires will be so far away from the unit, signal strenght will be an issue?
In my opinion the remote is a necessity.

Tags
fleetwood