Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2015, 06:43 PM   #1

2007 Hurricane 30ft motorhome

I just recently purchase a almost like new class A motorhome with 29,000 miles no slide outs as I didnt want any. Its a 30 ft Hurricane by Four-Winds with a triton V-10 just a few questions they,ll probally be stupid but thats ok, Im assumming when pulling into a rest-area you park along side the truckers. And does anyone pull off into rest areas and take naps like the truck drivers do ? Now I owned a triton v 8 which was like outstanding in a PU Now with the Triton v 10 I search reviews and did not read one bad complaint.
pro_coupe 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2015, 07:10 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Some rest areas are marked for RVs, the ones that are not, I just find an open spot, and make sure I cant get boxed in.

I do not stop and take naps in rest stops, I usually drive 6 hours a day and then stop at a campground for the night. I would have no problem though stopping and taking a nap if I had to
Old 08-21-2015, 08:09 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I do some of my best sleeping in rest areas.

My typical day driving is out by 8 or 9, drive till 12- 1, eat lunch, take nap. drive till 4 or 5 stop for the night. Next day repeat. I usually get in 300-400 miles a day. I got 117,000 miles to show for it.
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:56 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Rest stop are our friends. Like mgscott we stop, nap, eat and let the dogs walk around and do their business. I don't stay over night (if allowed) because of personal reasons.
I also have a Triton V10 (a 2 b4) and I haven't had 1 problem with any of them. Not to push them, but I got the 5 star RV tune and it really helped with shifting and power.

Tags
hurricane, motorhome