Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
National RV Owners Club
2007 National Pacifica TV trouble

Hello everyone,
I finally upgraded to a motorhome from my tow behind trailer. I couldnt pass up the deal and what he was giving me for my old stuff so just had to do it. Anyway, so far it is great, lots of room, much more comfortable and more like a home. But i also loved how simple the trailer was. It was easy because it was less technical. I just cant seem to figure these TVs out. It has the 4 TVs. Over the dash, living room, bedroom and underneath but the previous owner took everything else. I literally have 4 tvs and nothing else but a bunch of wires hanging out of the cabinets. He did atleast mark. No the questions. What do i do? Each tv has 2 or 3 coax cables coming out of it. The over dash tv has a directv hookup and when i turn it on the satelite just makes noises like its searching for a signal. The dash tv has a dvd player on it and it works but there is no sound anywhere from the tv or any other speakers. I am in serious need of some help. I dont want to tear into this thing and possibly mess anything up. I did however finally find the input cable outside for a satelite dish if i dont use the one on top of the coach. Is that better to do or should i use the coaches satelite. Thanks again in advance for anything you can help with. Also, if you are in the fort walton beach area and want to make a few bucks i am willing to pay for your time to help out, lol.

The Parkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #2
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
J, from what you have stated, this sounds like a repo that was stripped?

The '07 Pacificia electronics should have come with a Winegard Video Distribution System, a combination DVD/VCR Digital Sound System with Sub Woofer, and the TV's as you have stated.

It sounds like you no longer have a Direct TV Satellite Receiver, or if it is installed, it is no longer operating? (Dish searching without locking)

The video distribution box would have been the control interface for the different components. Winegard no longer manufacturers the box, but I am sure it's available on the Internet.

The audio (Surround Sound) system was probably built by RCA, it too is probably available on the Internet.

The Winegard box would really make your job much easier as all the TV's could be controlled at a central location.

The advent of flat screens and HDMI cables have made this type of system interfaces obsolete as they use coaxial connections, unable to carry HD signals.

I know will not solve your problem, but a little information is always helpful.

This web site has the brochures for various National RV products: http://www.mediafire.com/nationalrv

Fred and Bonnie
2005 Dolphin LX 6375
Abby, Ruffles & Scarlett, "The Cats"
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:28 AM   #3
Most newer TVs have multiple input jacks. The TV remote allows you to select which input you want, so the Winegard distribution box is no longer necessary (which is the reason they don't make it anymore). From your description of each TV having 3 or 4 cables coming out of it, it sounds like your TVs have multiple inputs.

The cables would have connect to the DVD player, satellite receiver (both of which the previous owner obviously took with him) and to the antenna. Each cable probably would have had splitters to distribute the signals to the individual TVs. You will need to provide your own DVD player and satellite receiver and reconnect all the cables. If you get a connection wrong, you can just reprogram the input the way you want it with the TV remote. BTW, if you don't have a satellite receiver, the dish probably won't know if it has found the satellite, which is why if just keeps searching.

There also may have been output cables form each device or from the main TV to a surround sound system. The previous owner may have taken this as well. You can add surround sound later. It can even be added as a sound bar directly under the TV. However, I would concentrate on just getting the TVs working for now.

As far as the satellite dish goes, I would use the one on the roof if you can get it to work, especially if it's automatic. That's what we do. However, I also carry a portable dish on a tripod in case we are camped under trees and the roof-top dish can't see the bird. When you connect the portable dish to the outside jack, you may have to switch the input wires to your receiver.
2015 DRV Tradition 375KPS
2015 Chevy Duramax 3500HD LTZ Dually
Full-timers...Home is where we park it.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:51 AM   #4
National RV Owners Club
Thanks, i see this is going to be an all day maybe even all week event. I figure i will remove what i can and start from scrtch so i knw what everything is.... Hapy trails

The Parkers is offline   Reply With Quote