Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2015, 01:48 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Smile 2007 Revolution dash AC

does anyone know what the charge requirements are for a 2007 revolution LE 40V? The dash system is low but the refill tag is washed away so the AC station can't tell how much refrigerant to install. Thanks for your help

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2015, 03:04 PM   #2

To answer your question directly, no, I don't know how much the system holds. But in order to put in exactly what the system holds per specifications, you'd have to evacuate the system and start over, anyway, because there is no way to know how much refrigerant is still in the system.
Unless you've had a line or compressor failure and the system is totally empty, your best bet is to have a certified mechanic-A/C. Tech charge the system using pressure gauges. He'll know how much oil, if any, to add along with the gas.

BigDBright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:27 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks, I have it at the AC shop and the tech said he was concerned because he could tell how much was it it already and he didn't want to overcharge the system. He was going yo Evacuate the system, put a vacuum on it to check for leaks then refill it. It sounded like he knew what he was talking about.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:11 AM   #4

Should be a reasonable cost if there are no leaks. Had mine done exactly as you are for $150.00 (it was blowing warm air) Works great now. Temps and humidity aren't much hotter anywhere than this time of year here in Florida!
Good luck with yours.
csidave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 08:39 PM   #5

I have had a similar situation with my 07 Rev. For a couple of years now I have had to take mine into a very reputable big rig mechanic who is a personal friend and knows his stuff! Every season he would charge it, looking for possible leaks, etc. it would cool perfectly for the season but by the next hot season it would blow warm air again. Repeated this process twice. He said it is probably leaking underneath the rig at some point. The compressor froze up so we put a new one on hoping that was the fix. Happened again. Rather than go deep into the rig, I am advised to put a can or so of freon in the system myself every month or two to keep the charge up. Very simple process. The freon will leak out slowly all year even when not in use.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:02 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
I thought the 134a stuff was pretty much the same general pressure range? That is, you fill it by pressure, not by volume.

What's filled by volume is the lubricating oil.. And assuming you've got a *slow* leak, you really shouldn't lose much of it. These systems do have a volume capacity for oil... Although there are ways to test (generically) if you don't have a starting point.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:48 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Gas Front Engine Models: Ford = 2.8 lbs.
GM = 2.0 lbs.
2) Diesel Models:
Freightliner = 3.8 lbs.
Spartan (thru mid-1998) = 4.2 lbs. Spartan (from mid-1998) using com- plete DENSO system= 3.0 lbs.

From the Denso ac service manual...
krivanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 09:51 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have the complete Denso Service Manual for RVs. If you private message me with your email address, I will email it to you tomorrow.
krivanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:05 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1000rider View Post
I thought the 134a stuff was pretty much the same general pressure range? That is, you fill it by pressure, not by volume.

What's filled by volume is the lubricating oil.. And assuming you've got a *slow* leak, you really shouldn't lose much of it. These systems do have a volume capacity for oil... Although there are ways to test (generically) if you don't have a starting point.
134a is filled by volume into the A/C system, every vehicle has a label on it, telling how much the system holds, you can recharge by pressures, but it's NOT the "right" way to do it.

and you are correct so far as the oil, it is also filled by volume.

Here is a chart with vehicle capacity specs.

http://www.autoacforum.com/speclisting.pdf

I looked up my 95 Win Brave P30 it did not have it per say, but under Chevy Truck Full Size it says 32oz which is what the sticker says on my RV

It does not list the bigger chassis on the chart.

OP what chassis do you have? maybe you could call them

Tags
dash