Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractor16
Thanks guys for all your imput. I am glad i keep asking questions. I did not know about the Tailing arms nor about that brand of chassie. We will keep looking at other brands and maby a little older coach would not be a bad way to go as long as it has been taken care of.
as Don said, the higher end monacos / holiday ramblers are very nice, and the 8 air bag roadmaster chassis is one of the best in the industry.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
I did find a 06 Country Coach Inspire in Arizona at Camping world RV sales that i requested more info on. I think it is a 40' but only had pictures no info on chassie or size of engin for DP. I am not sure if i want that big of a DP. The Gasser that we have now is a 34' with a Vue toad. In Indiana we were looking for a KOA that our gps said was down this road and guess what No KOA and no way to turn around had to un hook car and DW had to get us back to main road. We will keep looking and so glad we found you guys. Each Day is a now adventure.
Tractor16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
I had our trailing arms replaced along with the ride enhancement kit. It cost us just over $5 k.
And, now our '04 Neptune rides VERY nice. It really was rough riding before. The issue will be resolved if you get this done.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
I bought a 2001 monaco diplomat 38 in May 2012. It had 93k miles on it. It's my first coach ever. The coach had some small dents from over the years. But nice paint and the inside was like brand new. Someone took care of this MH.
Not knowing much about motor homes I just tested the systems I knew about and bought it for $35K. I had a shop check it out and it seems I lucked out. Everything worked perfectly. I had a few small things fixed, changed all the fluids and filters on the engine, transmission and generator.
Packed it up and in early July we left on a 5 month trip sound the eastern USA. With 6 weeks to go, this MH is the best. The only repair on the road. I had to change my headlight switch. I changed the oil and filters at 98K miles. I just turned 101K miles. We have been towing our jeep liberty with us the entire time. I don't even know its there. I love my Monaco and I suggest then to everyone. What a great running machine.
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdomino View Post
How did the trailing arms put Monaco out of business? The economy did it.
If you truly believe that, I have a bridge in New York that I'll sell you
Old 10-08-2012, 07:57 AM   #20

You really believe the economy had nothing to do with the condition of Monaco? Did the trailing arms put Country Coach and Alpha out of business too?
bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdomino View Post
You really believe the economy had nothing to do with the condition of Monaco? Did the trailing arms put Country Coach and Alpha out of business too?
Monaco only went out of business long enough to wash their hands of the trailing arm issue. Amazing how fast they came back.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #22

Monaco went out for a number of reasons. Sales stopped. No one could get loans. They had the resort side of the business that was not selling any lots. They had to cut costs to try to survive and this was not going to work. Trailing arm issues had been around awhile and I don't think was the reason to go under. The economy did them in!

Navistar was always a partner with Monaco. They owned part of the facility that built the chassis for the pushers. So there was a relationship they could work together with. Monaco was a way for Navistar to sell engines.

When you go bankrupt you try to unload all of your liabilities and reduce costs. You unload models and divisions that are not working. They unloaded all warranty support for their new rigs. They sold the resort business. They got rid of Many models and some lines. They did not pay many dealers for warranty work that had been done before they went under. Many dealers had been damaged by this action. My dealer, DeMartini, was hit with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth. Many dealers refused to sell their motorhomes when they came back.

Trailing arms were just one of many issues they had.
bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote