Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #1

2011 Fleetwood Expedition

I am looking at a new 2011 Expedition. Been sitting on lot for yr and half. Should that be a concern? Also has slide down almost length of curb side. Really makes lot of space, but has Fleetwood had problems with those extra long slides. Will be trading Allegro Open Road 32ft. Just need more bathroom and kit meh n space. Nice discount on Expedition
Sandara is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
You should get a great discount...that thing's coming up on two years old with the 2013s coming out. Even though it's been sitting for a while, you'll still get a full warranty on the coach and chassis.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #3

Sitting would not concern me but sitting with the slides open might. Climb on the roof with the slides out and see if the toppers are sagging like a pool. I have a full wall slide also but it has a metal frame under the topper to keep it from sagging. A new topper installed for a full slide runs about $500.00. I would be expecting a discount in the 35% range.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:05 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Personally, I'd want more than 35% off - not sure how likely the dealer will accept it but you can probably get a brand new 2013 for 25-30% off MSRP and I think yearly depreciation is a good 10-15% so I'd work backwards from that:

New -> 25% off MSRP
1 yr old -> 35% off MSRP
2 yr old -> 45% off MSRP
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:23 AM   #5

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Sitting would not concern me but sitting with the slides open might. Climb on the roof with the slides out and see if the toppers are sagging like a pool. I have a full wall slide also but it has a metal frame under the topper to keep it from sagging. A new topper installed for a full slide runs about $500.00. I would be expecting a discount in the 35% range.
Good advise. Another question is, it sat in a lot for a year and a half WHERE? Our poor coach sat a little longer than that, in Florida, much of the time with the slides open. Not a good thing. Depending on where it sat, check for mold and/or seriously musty smell in the coach and the cabinets. Press on the walls all over and make sure none are soft.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:51 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
check the tire dates and battery date. when we bought ours it was on the lot for 15 months.and the tires were 27 months old. the batteries were almost 2 years old at that time. i did talk them into replacing all of the batteries. that helped.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
...Sitting would not concern me but sitting with the slides open might. Climb on the roof with the slides out and see if the toppers are sagging like a pool...
Also, check the stitching around the hems of the slide toppers. Ours, on all slide toppers was gone...from the sun, I guess. Carefree replaced the entire toppers under warranty.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Tires are about 25% gone (based on age) even if they never went a mile. Batteries are probably in crappy shape too after years on the sales lot. Exterior wear and tear as others have pointed out, plus plenty of traffic through the rig. I would want more than 35% off list, new warranty or not.

The full wall slide is more complex than a shorter one - the multiple slide motors require synchronization to keep the slide moving straight. So in that sense, a full wall slide is vulnerable to an additional problem vs a shorter 12-14 ft slide. But the effect on the interior space is immense.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote