Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2012, 09:37 PM   #1

2012 36' vacationer

Looking for any feedback if this would be a good choice for a first motorhome?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hard to say with no other information provided. Monaco/HR makes a pretty decent coach, but the Vacationer is not their high end product either. It's a good one of what it is, but neither the best built nor the most elegant. What is probably more important is whether it has a floor plan that suits your family's needs and a price that suits your budget.

Have you looked at other brands in that price range? I'm not trying to talk you out of the Vacationer - just trying to see what you are comparing it to.

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #3

I know that the vacationer isn't a high end unit but it's within my budget. My family loves the floor plan as well. It's the 36'. I was curious if people would say anything negative about the unit from experience. I had a HR travel trailer for 10 years with lots of tow miles and no problems. It wasn't the most elegant camper but it held up with much use and family of five. I'm hoping to get the same luck with the vacationer. We will put about 5,000 miles a year on it and spend about 2 months a year using it.
Thanks for your help.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:57 PM   #4

The wife and I bought a 2012 HR Vacationer 36SBT this past October at the Pomona, Ca RV show. We really like our Vacationer and like it even more now that I have done quite a few mods to it for what we wanted, or the had to haves that it didn't come with like the expensive MH. First advice I would highly recommend is to make damn sure they have pulled HDMI cables to all three of your TVs if you want to watch them in HD. I didn't find out till after the fact when we installed the travler SK-3005 SAT dish. They had run the old RCA cables to the TVs and coax. Monaco said they started to pull the HDMI cable 3 months later, and ours wasn't one of them,I had to do it, so make sure if you decide to go ahead with buying your vacationer to check.....And one more thing....We asked for an upgrade to the wood panels for the Norcold Fridge to match the wood interior. Big big difference in the appearance, you will be glad you did. We told them it was a deal breaker if not. Make sure you get it put on the "DUE BILL"........
Old 07-03-2012, 04:25 AM   #5
2LT

Triple E Owners Club
We own a 2012 Vacationer 30SFS - which is 31 feet and has the full wall slide. The 2012 Vacationer was upgraded by Monaco/HR.

We've owned ours for nearly a year and have been pleased. We've only had very minor issues; mostly adjustments. We got most options available: full body paint, automatic awning, 8 cu ft refrigerator, etc. Our unit handles great and has lots of power. No complaints.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #6

Emerging from bankruptcy 2009/2010, Monaco/Holiday Rambler, division of Navistar (think formerly International Truck) has really become aggresive with amenities and what was once options, on their line up of Moho's. Don't think you can go wrong with how they are equipped in relation to price point. Just like Fleetwood, it seems that companies that are re-emerging onto the motorized RV market are working hard to gain back the trust of the buying public and also their dealer network. Great floor plan on the 36, go for it, enjoy and stay in touch as your adventure's grow. Good Luck!
Old 07-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #7

Thank you to all who replied. We took the leap and bought it today. Hope to have the luck I had with my holiday 28' TT. Looking forward to continuing on the forum and learning a lot. Happy camping all.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:44 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkman68 View Post
Thank you to all who replied. We took the leap and bought it today. Hope to have the luck I had with my holiday 28' TT. Looking forward to continuing on the forum and learning a lot. Happy camping all.
Gratz on the new rig! That is a really nice looking unit, and the floorplan is great. Many happy and safe journeys! Let us know how you liked it after your first trip!

Kathryn

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #9

We have a 2005 Vacationer and really like it, had close to 2 years. Has several options that were put on when new.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #10

Congrats and many many happy and safe miles. When time permits, try to travel the two lane to take in as much beauty as you can that this great country has to offer!