Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #15

Owners manuals were late coming out but I got mine now on the Cornerstone.

bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2011, 11:07 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
We at the factory now with about 70 items on the list. PM me with an email and I'll send you a copy. Next time will be a bus.
Just don't forget that (probably, I'm guessing) many of those items will be regarding components from third-party suppliers, used by many different RV manufacturers. It's not fair to blame your MH builder for failures by Freightliner, Spartan, Dometic, Suburban, Wineguard, etc. While it would be nice if the builder caught all these things in pre-inspection, some are bound to show up only in actual use.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:05 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby Mike View Post
Just don't forget that (probably, I'm guessing) many of those items will be regarding components from third-party suppliers, used by many different RV manufacturers. It's not fair to blame your MH builder for failures by Freightliner, Spartan, Dometic, Suburban, Wineguard, etc. While it would be nice if the builder caught all these things in pre-inspection, some are bound to show up only in actual use.
Only a couple items fall into that area.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:10 AM   #18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccsix View Post
I still cannot find the the air manifold to hookup an air hose, or the cables to empty the condensation out of the bag system and so on.
You shouldn't need them if the air dryer is working correctly, also, there should be auto drains on the system anyway, at least there are on my Spartan MM chassis. I wouldn't worry about it.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:55 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaportrail View Post
We have a Travel Supreme Select Limited. This is the predecessor to the Entegra Coach by Jayco. This is our 3rd Travel supreme. If the chassis is by Spartan I recommend going to Michigan and have The Spartan service center go right thru your coach. We did this after our purchase and have not had any issues with the coach. This is a 2008 coach but if they made an Entegra on the Spartan K3 chassis we would upgrade in the future. I heard this saying at a national convention “first time buyers pay attention to 90 % above the floor” “ 90 % of experienced buyers pay attention to the features below the floor”, just my thoughts Have a great motorhome experience.
They do offer the Cornerstone on a 500 HP Spartan K2 or a 600 HP Spartan K3. I've seen them at the factory.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:01 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

I recently toured the Entegra factory and spent a few days picking them apart. I was impressed. Check out RVcruzer.com - Entegra Coach Construction Overview for lots of pictures and details.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:45 AM   #21

Gulf Streamers Club
Great review, Nice to see the nuts and bolts on how theses Rolling homes are built, Very interesting on the wall Structure being bolted to the chasis, are you aware of anyone else doing this, seems much better than screwing from the bottom. Do you know if the Insignia and Aspire pretty much built the same way, as far as, wall, Roof and basement construction, Knowing that they use different Chassis and interior componets. Any hints from Entegra on 2012 floorplan changes, if any.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:20 AM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccsix View Post
Gary thanks for tips , but I've inspected every compartment 4 or 5 times and the only manifold in sight is the one for a propane hookup. This is the same manifold that the the selling dealer tech ass't ID'ed on the 1st walk around as the air manifold, and on the second time around as the propane manifold!?!? I have called Freightliner & they say its in the middle front over the axle!?!? I have have looked in the FL manual and it says it is in the last pass compartment...wrong that's they where put 400# of useless SCR/DEF tanks. I have called Entegra and was told it was in the drivers side front compartment...NOT there just wires & breakers.FYI don't ask them anything about docking lights either.
I will look around the front wheel area for my missing lanyards...maybe they're wrapped around my missing manifold.
On the lanyards, if you're physically able to, you need to get under the coach and look around. On mine, it's easiest to see that area if I cut the wheels all the way to one side, then scootch in front of whichever wheel is turned away from me. If you slide underneath face-up, you'll see your lanyards (probably tied up out of the way somewhere during assembly), along with air system valves, etc. Maybe you'll even find the missing manifold? (BTW, mine is in frontmost DS compartment, but high and toward the rear, easy to miss.)
Old 06-24-2011, 09:42 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by eracefn45 View Post
Great review, Nice to see the nuts and bolts on how theses Rolling homes are built, Very interesting on the wall Structure being bolted to the chasis, are you aware of anyone else doing this, seems much better than screwing from the bottom. Do you know if the Insignia and Aspire pretty much built the same way, as far as, wall, Roof and basement construction, Knowing that they use different Chassis and interior componets. Any hints from Entegra on 2012 floorplan changes, if any.
All Entegras use the same construction methods. Not sure if anyone else does this. If anyone, I would expect Newmar maybe does, seeing as how they use a hung wall construction. New floorplans are coming. Don't have details but there will be more by the August FMCA convention. Entegra wants to come out with a new floor plan or major feature upgrade every 12 weeks so we'll see.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #24

Gulf Streamers Club
Thanks, look forward to August.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:38 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby Mike View Post
That is not really a fair statement. The suppliers provide the products and quality that the coach builders specify. The stuff doesn't magically appear. Someone has to determine the requirements and select the equipment. That's the coach builder.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:14 AM   #26

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschwarz View Post
That is not really a fair statement. The suppliers provide the products and quality that the coach builders specify. The stuff doesn't magically appear. Someone has to determine the requirements and select the equipment. That's the coach builder.
I don't think the problem is in the specifications, but simply that things either aren't right in the first place, or fail in use. If a Firestone tire on your Ford has a quality problem, who do you blame, Ford or Firestone?

I would say that of the problems I've had on 3 RVs, about half were the fault of the coach builder, and the other half the component suppliers. Now, that said, I don't go back to Dometic or whoever if I'm still under coach warranty, I go back to my coach builder (through dealer or directly), and let them pursue with their supplier. But I don't blame them for faults in items someone else manufactured.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:32 AM   #27

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
LOL

If it's any consolation, I bought an air compressor anyway because mine was sooo slow.

Gary
Same thing I did!! Plus I can (and have) loaned my compressor out, something I can't do with the onboard air!!
Old 06-25-2011, 01:34 AM   #28

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschwarz View Post
And most coach builders use the same components even in higher end units. Our 10 gal water heater is the same unit used in much cheaper gas rigs, same with the refer etc.