Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2011, 07:40 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
I guess it all depends. If the failure of a single tire is because there was a factory defect, blame the tire manufacturer. Among other things that my employer does is manufacture OE part for automobiles. It's amazing the hoops we have to jump through to meet their quality control standards. If there are quality problems with a product, we get a visit from one of their auditors and our top management really pays attention to those visits.

If there are common problems due to poorly made items, that means that someone at the coach builder is not paying attention.

Here's an example: When I got my new motor home, the rear view monitor failed within a week. It was replaced with another unit that failed within another week. This happened again. I am now on monitor number 4 and the coach has been in service for two years. Whose fault is it? Is it Voyagers for making poor quality monitors or is it Winnebago for selecting a product with poor quality? I'm an equal opportunity kind of guy. I think they are both to blame.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2011, 11:57 AM   #30

I'm not getting into a blame game but...there should have been more R&D on some items before they were put into place. Was called in last week (after they had it three days) to go over some items again (the lady we spoke with originally was at an RV show) and it looks as they are trying to issue all our complaints with positive results. Should be finished on the 30th...can't wait. Then we have an appointment with Mor/ryde to install a Hydralift, what great people to work with. They have a crew available on Saturday (July 4th weekend) to finish install if not done on Friday. That's unheard of these days!

bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:35 PM   #31

we just bought a 2012 Entegra Anthem 42RBQ ...July 17th. we have been looking and researching for over a year now and pulled the trigger on one. top two choices were an Allegro Bus and an Entegra. obviously the Entegra won out. very happy with our choice and have been sleeping like a baby since the deal was made. we'll take posession about mid August after a couple of changes are made. again, both of us are very happy with our choice.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:05 PM   #32

The OP asked about the 2012 Anthem. I have seen one and man, they are nice, some great improvements. The couch on the drivers side is bigger, the kitchen is bigger with much more storage AND a Tiffin style pullout set of drawers with a corian top for more work area. They is a LOT more light in the mail area of the coach and especially in the kitchen. It looks like Entegra has listened to customers and addressed some real concerns in a very positive way. You give up a little wardrobe storage (stack washer and dryer back there) for a lot more room and storage in the kitchen/living room areas and a lot more light. My opinion, took a great coach and made it even better.

OOPS!! OP asked about 42rbq and I am talking about the 42dlm, I have also seen the 12 rbq and they are nice but it was an early 12 and they had not changed the lighting yet, nor expanded the kitchen so will have to see if they are making mid stream changes on it.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #33

5151 did you buy the unit at Johnson RV? If so, it is really nice, we looked at it long and hard but decided we did not want the bath and a half. Congratulations, I know you will love it.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:30 PM   #34

Cruzer, great article, I enjoyed it very much and learned a little even though I thought that I had done much research before I bought my 2011 42DL!
Old 08-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
5151 did you buy the unit at Johnson RV? If so, it is really nice, we looked at it long and hard but decided we did not want the bath and a half. Congratulations, I know you will love it.
yes we did.....our last coach (gasser) had a bath and 1/2.... had to have it again in the new diesel pusher.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:03 PM   #36

we haven't done the walk around on our new 2012 Anthem as of yet.... but we were able to get the tech booklets on the coach.. while reading them, I was a bit surprised to see that the book instructs me to extend the slides first, then set the levelers????!!!? I've always thought the levelers were set first, then the slides extended. those of you who have the 2010 - 2012 models....is that the process you use to extend slides and drop the levelers?
Old 08-04-2011, 09:32 PM   #37

Ford Super Duty Owner
My manual says the same thing, called c/s and asked them if that's really what they wanted me to do and they said absolutely. I guess they have total confidence in the twist strength of their frames and want the auto leveling system to take into account the weight changes with the slides out.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:35 PM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Entegra doesn't use the HWH leveling system. They use a higher end dual acting system that powers the jacks up as well as down. I was told the same thing and questioned it but was told by their national sales manager that you do indeed do it the opposite way on Entegras. It had to do with the tight tolerances on the Entegra slides, which are flush and recessed. I will say that the Entegra slides really were unique. I've never seen slides that were that quiet or smooth operating before.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:57 AM   #39

Slides out, lower it, level it.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:20 AM   #40

we haven't taken posession yet of our 2012 Anthem..... how deep are the slides? 24", 30", 32"????
Old 08-20-2011, 10:25 AM   #41

Entegra Coach

We love our Entegra, very well made. Rides well and very quiet. Insulation is amazing, standard items are options on other brands. Unfortunatrly Lazy Days hit something with our coach between the time we did our test drive and our pickup. This threw out the alignment and messed up the airlock on the entry door. We are at the Entegra factory now and they are fixing the damage LazyDays did. Customer service at Entegra is wonderful. We bought a 2011 Anthem, wish we would have waited for the 2012 as they totally redid the kitchen area. We have the 42DLQ model.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:04 PM   #42

took possession of our 2012 Anthem 42rbq today... will spend this weekend loading it and adding our little upgrades. we are very happy and yes, Entegra's customer service has been top notch!!!