Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-07-2014, 07:13 PM   #1
2012 Itasca Meridian 42E Questions

Hi everyone. Questions about this rig. (2012 Itasca Meridian 42E)

Where do I plug in an mp3 player? Can it be a Droid phone, etc., or must it be an iPod/iPhone? The owners manual is not helpful in this area.

What is the purpose of the USB port? I plug my Droid phone into the port and it will not let me choose USB on the menu. It is not detecting it. The owners manual states there is a USB wire provided, but this is a used rig and we cannot find it so I am just using a regular USB wire.

I am sure I will have more questions. Thanks in advance for your help.

lhibbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2014, 08:43 PM   #2
It could be that your USB port is only for charging and will not provide music. Do you have a headphone jack on your radio, some will allow you to plug in your phone (Droid or iPhone) and listed over the speakers. I have a plug like that on the outside but I haven't used it. I have an iPod cable that charges and plays music from my iPhone.

Shawn and Donna
2014 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ, 2014 Hyundai Tucson
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:02 AM   #3
The USB does work to charge, but that is all I have seen it do so far. A headphone jack is what I have been looking for and I cannot find it anywhere.
lhibbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:46 PM   #4

Does it connect with Bluetooth? If so, you could use iOS, ie. Apple, or Android.

2013 FleetWood Expedition 38B
dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:11 PM   #5

You said that if you use the USB it doesn't come up on the menu. Are you talking of the phone or radio? On old coach I plugged in the USB, set the radio mode button to USB. On the present coach I set the mode button to auxiliary. Look on the front of the radio for a brand and model # and then search the internet for a owners manual. If the radio is Bluetooth compatible just make sure your Bluetooth is enabled on your phone. This is where your phone would have to recognize the radio. If using a wire or USB the radio has to recognize the phone by being in the correct mode. Good luck with the tunes. (I use a Droid and you should be fine with any USB cable.)
Bruce & Teresa
2000 Foretravel
U320 4010
ecurb74 is offline   Reply With Quote