Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2015, 02:12 PM   #1

2012 Itasca with Ford V-10 Fuse Block Question

We just purchased a used 2012 Itasca Sonova 30A, with a Ford V-10. Some of the manuals are missing and I’m chasing down why both my front map lights are not working. I have no idea which fuses might operate both the driver and passenger map lights. I wondered if anyone could provide me some direction as to what fuses are involved. I suspect that these lights are on the Ford chassis fuse block.

Looking at the Ford fuse block, it is not marked to show what each fuse goes to. Would there be an online site to obtain a schematic and diagram to show which Ford mini fuse locations and what they control. The coach fuses are clearly marked.

Here is a photo of the fuse block under the driver side dash. Thanks

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2015, 06:15 PM   #2

The map light controls aren't like a car set up ( and my coach ) where to dash illumination control has to be turned to max and then some , before the lights will work from their switches?
Old 06-10-2015, 06:28 PM   #3

I'm not sure what your map lights look like, but if they're the same as in the Adventurer each one operates differently. The map light on the passengers side has 2 switches. One on the light itself, and a second one on the arm rest. They are not like the traditional dual switches controlling ceiling lights where either one will turn on the light. Both switches have to be in the on position before the light will come on.

The light on the drivers side has a similar arrangement. This side has a switch on the light itself and also uses the dash panel dimmer/dome light switch. With the switch on the light in the on position turn the dash panel dimmer switch to full bright, then a little bit more until you feel a click. It should energize the map light and any other dome lights on the circuit.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikerdogs View Post
I'm not sure what your map lights look like, but if they're the same as in the Adventurer each one operates differently. The map light on the passengers side has 2 switches. One on the light itself, and a second one on the arm rest. They are not like the traditional dual switches controlling ceiling lights where either one will turn on the light. Both switches have to be in the on position before the light will come on.

The light on the drivers side has a similar arrangement. This side has a switch on the light itself and also uses the dash panel dimmer/dome light switch. With the switch on the light in the on position turn the dash panel dimmer switch to full bright, then a little bit more until you feel a click. It should energize the map light and any other dome lights on the circuit.
That's the way mine is, but I can't find the specific fuses to reset or replace

Previous Rig: 2012 Itasca 30'
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:21 PM   #5
Community Administrator

It may be in the Winnebago fuse block as they installed them.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:01 AM   #6

It appears the power for the map lights comes from one of the circuit breakers in the panel below the Ford fuse box in your picture.

Here's a link to all the Winnebago online electrical drawings for the 2012 Itasca Sunova 30A.
Table of Contents

The first drawing in the one labeled Front End Wiring Installation" shows the map lights. The large circled area (callout) labeled EA shows where the wiring is run.
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_178609.pdf

If you scroll down to the title block in the lower right corner of the drawing there's a message in a box that reads "FOR ELECTRICAL CALLOUTS SEE DWG NO. 121339-01-000. I didn't look through all the drawings to see if it's included in the online package. If it isn't you can call the Winnebago Service Administration number (1-800-537-1885) and ask for a copy of that drawing to be e mailed, faxed or sent by mail.

Over the years they've e mailed me several detail drawings without hesitation. The detail drawing should give you all the information you need to trace the problem.

Tags
ford, fuse, itasca